Yamaha RX-V673 or RX-A1010 or RX-A2010?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
<p>I'm new to all this, so any advice will be appreciated. I'll give you my thoughts, so far, on these 3 options:</p>

<p>RX-V673 - Has received excellent reviews, including being named WHF's AV Product of the Year! It's this years model, so is both up to date and will likely continue to receive support for longer than the other two models. It has all the latest features and is said to be very good for both 'video' and music. It's rated at 90W per channel. Price - just under £500.</p>

<p>RX-A1010 - Has received excellent reviews, including a 5 star review from WHF. It's last years model, so may not be totally up to date and will likely lose support earlier than the 673. It still appears to be pretty feature-packed, however, including most of the features (not all) that are available on the 673. It's meant to be considerably better at music than the 673, although it's 'video' performance appears to be nothing more than average. It's rated at 110W per channel. Price - roughly £550.</p>

<p>RX-A2010 - Has received excellent reviews. It's last years model, so may not be totally up to date and will likely lose support earlier than the 673. However it's extra power and spec would mean that it would probably provide a better degree of legroom, re' any future upgrades to the system. It appears to be pretty feature-packed, including most of the features (not all) that are available on the 673. It's meant to be considerably better at music than the 673 and better than the 1010. It's 'video' performance is also said to be excellent. It's rated at 140W per channel. Price - roughly £750.</p>

<p>Although my main use will be for TV/DVD/Blu Ray, it will also be my main music source. It will probably be partnered with Mordaunt Short Aviano 8 floorstanders and the Aviano 5 centre speaker. I will probably use some old Wharfedale Valdus 100SE bookshelf speakers as surround speakers. The Blu-Ray player will be the Sony BDP-S790. The CD player will probably be the Marantz CD6004. I have no immediate plans to get a sub. Though I may consider one, some time next year. My room is roughly 15ft by 25ft, (ceiling roughly 8ft). The speakers will be playing across the 15ft space.</p>

<p>My first choice is which to choose, between the 673 and the 1010, as there is only £50 difference in price. I then need to compare the winner of that contest with the 2010 and decide if the 2010 is worth the extra £200-£250. One consideration is that the Aviano 8s are said to need driving a little harder to get the best out of them. Another consideration is future-proofing, both re' any future upgrdes to speakers and aother components and with regrds feature sets. The main considerations will be audio/video performance and ease of use.</p>

<p>Thank you for taking the time to read all of that. Any and all advice gratefully received. In advance, thank you! :)</p>

A

Anonymous

Apologies for the lack of paragraphs. I'm not sure what happened there... :(

A

Anonymous

Could someone let me know how to delete this duplicate thread? If it's not possible, could a moderator/admin delete it for me? Thank you! :)

Please ignore this thread and post any replies on the other duplicate thread. Cheers! :oops:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts