Yamaha RX-V667 & EPOS ELS Sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Just purchased a yamaha RX-V667 amp and have wired it all up, including my epos els subwoofer. The subwoofer has a green light but when I do the auto set up, the amp is not registering the subwoofer, can anyone help me, as it is driving me insane!!!![:'(]

A

Anonymous

Have you got the power to auto or on, I would suggest on, just for the initial set up, also what volume and phase do you have it set to. Try setting it to the maximum phase usually 140 and the volume to just below half way.

Also I assume youhave the subwoofer cable in the L input connection on the back of the sub and the subwoofer pre- out socket on the back of the AVR.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
mjg060468,

The Epos ELS sub has an auto standby function which deactivates itself during periods of inactivity so just leave it switched to the ON position.

Check that you have connected your subwoofer cable correctly from the pre-out section of the Yamaha RXV-667 (you have 2 subwoofer outputs, thereby eliminating the need for a splitter if you intend to add an additional sub later - use 1) and not the Multi Ch Input section.

Ronald

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
When I set up my new sub with the RX-V667 it would not activate when in auto.

So had to put the (off-auto-on) switch to On & worked fine from there.

Also had similar probs with a previous Marantz amp and had to add the sub in Manual setup, as the auto set up couldn't see it.

Configuring a sub woofer for HC does seem a bit of a dark art.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
richardw42:
When I set up my new sub with the RX-V667 it would not activate when in auto.

So had to put the (off-auto-on) switch to On & worked fine from there.

Also had similar probs with a previous Marantz amp and had to add the sub in Manual setup, as the auto set up couldn't see it.

Configuring a sub woofer for HC does seem a bit of a dark art.

When running Audyssey to calibrate your speakers, the sub must always be set to the 'On' position for it to be detected and the readings done correctly. After the speakers have been calibrated, you can set the sub to the 'Auto' position.

A

Anonymous

Just a thank you for your help on this, all is sorted now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts