Yamaha rx-v1700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hallo, I have an Yamaha RX-V1700 Receiver and I need some advice on new speakers. I only want a center, left/right and a subwoofer system. My room is about 5 x 5 meters and I listen music/TV/films from my sat receiver (Topfield) or my PC (win 7).

Can somebody give me some advice to which speakers to listen?

All the best, Rob (Eifel)

A

Anonymous

Hallo Dave, I have no budget. Maybe less then 1000 euros. I also have a pair of Quad 11L which I have in the bedroom, maybe I can extend on them and use them in the livingroom??

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
robeifel:Hallo Dave, I have no budget. Maybe less then 1000 euros. I also have a pair of Quad 11L which I have in the bedroom, maybe I can extend on them and use them in the livingroom??

KEF speakers seem to do really well with Yamaha amplifiers

Could be worth while looking at their "egg" series

A

Anonymous

Bright sounding speakers from Monitor Audio and Mordaunt Short work well with the warm natured Yamaha amps. Also B&W are a popular pairing.

In my view, only go for the style type speakers such as the KEF eggs if you are limited in space terms --- cabinet speakers will sound better than style speakers, all other things being equal.

Why not try your Quads with the amp and see what they sound like and if they sound Ok, go down the quad route.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts