Yamaha MusicCast experience_mainly NetRadio

bluenite

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone use the NetRadio service of the Yamaha MusicCast system? I'm mainly annoyed with receiving network streams through their Airable service. Out of "nowhere" it is non-functional, it only reports "Loading..." and nothing works. Is there any way to tell if it's a network outage, or messaging, or something else? I've tried a couple of times by changing the network cable, changing to a wifi connection and sometimes that helped. But not always, which is pretty weird. Worse was that resetting it made all the presets disappear, which had to be laboriously searched for again. For 250+ stations, that's a real bummer.

Thanks for sharing similar problems and their solutions.

Peter

Cork

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
I don't use NetRadio on a regular basis (I'm all Tidal and ripped CDs), but I just tried MusicCast on an old Yamaha RX-681 and a newer Yamaha WMA-50 and they both worked well, with boatloads of channels.

I didn't listen critically, but from 12 seconds of play on a Jazz station the quality seemed good.

The interfaces by way of android took some getting used to, but after a couple of minutes I had it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts