Yamaha dsp-z11

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

So I found one of these for sale but don't have a particular good track record when it comes to buying second hand stuff, so I think not. Thoughts? Would've been paying around a £1000 for it.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
One of our guys still uses one.
Is it good, because I have lined up a deal? Cheers David.

D

Deleted member 2457

Q5 said:
Gel,

What are you trying to achieve.
I am not really sure to be honest. Perhaps getting a different sound to see if I like it? I don't have a great track record with second stuff though. Ex-display or returned stuff great but never with second hand.

D

Deleted member 2457

Turned it down, waiting for mine to break - probably won't though, I haven't had anything that's broke before, only a flipping Pure radio! Or some new soundtracks to appear in a 5.1 system that I would use and get benefit from.

buzz_lightclick

bigboss said:
No gel, it's a very old AV receiver. Certainly not worth the price. You can get a flagship Marantz with all the bells and whistles for the money.

in terms of overall sound and build quality though, the Z11 as a £5k amp will be better. Not everyone wants all the bells and whistles of a modern amp; Gel won't need Dolby Atmos, for example.

Having said that I think he is right not to buy it, he is looking for ways to spend money on stuff he doesn't need just for the sake of it.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
ellisdj said:
Gel should buy buzz's lx83 if he plans to sell it at any point. That's a cracking amp, owned by legends of av
How different is it to LX81 which gel already has?
I think he is joking.
regular_smile.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The 83 was supposed to be significantly better than the 82 which will better the 81.

The one I owned is now cherished by another enthusiast

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Not necessarily the 83 was pioneers hey day - the 85 was no better when I demo'd it and they have long lost the av receiver crown that was in cement when 82 - 85 range was out.

I do like the fact the newer models use sabre dacs though,

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Not necessarily the 83 was pioneers hey day - the 85 was no better when I demo'd it and they have long lost the av receiver crown that was in cement when 82 - 85 range was out.

To my knowledge the 81 was it's hey day with the Sc-lx90 too and the Pioneer bdp-lx91 Blu Ray player and the TVs still, went down hill from there on. Blu Ray players ****, amps more expensive, no TVs. Still not recovered and never will now.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
ellisdj said:

To my knowledge the 81 was it's hey day with the Sc-lx90 too and the Pioneer bdp-lx91 Blu Ray player and the TVs still, went down hill from there on. Blu Ray players ****, amps more expensive, no TVs. Still not recovered and never will now.

id agree the SC-LX90, the BDP-LX91 and the KRP-500A/600A was Pioneer's heyday, all released around a similar time. Imagine how good their TVs would be now if they had kept making them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts