Yamaha DSP AX763

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Picked one up today from Richer Sounds - £279.95 using their VIP club card.

Also got an Onkyo DVSP406 DVD player for £69.95 with the same card.

Bargain!

A

Anonymous

What's the VIP club card?

I get the VIP email offers and haven't seen anything about the Yamaha... I'm looking into getting this amp and a cheaper price would sway me more lol!!!

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I signed up for the vip emails too, this may be the same thing as being in the VIP club but I'm not sure. Whilst browsing some low quality AV magazines in the newsagents today I came across the Richer Sounds ad which had the card attached. The ad shows regular prices and special prices for VIP members.

A

Anonymous

I'm guessing that the VIP email club is the same as the VIP card... otherwise RS are making things too complex lol

So perhaps I should just mention that price and see what they can do!

A

Anonymous

By the way... if you've got it all up and running what's it like?

I'm most bothered about quality with stereo music?

Have you tried the onboard auto setup with the mic? Does it make a difference/improvement?

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Still in the box at the moment.

I'm actually planning on using it for stereo music too, although as it has pre-outs I would ultimately aim to use a dedicated stereo amp for powering the front speakers.

All the reports I've read on the forums/reviews etc have stated that stereo performance is very good though (for an AV amp).

A

Anonymous

I think that is gonna have to be my solution to having an AV setup AND a proper music setup up both running through the same fronts!

It's a shame that my current AV amp doesn't have pre-outs so a new AV amp is another expenditure to add to the list lol

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I have the Yahama, its a good piece of kit. Easy to set up using the mic, I did a few manual changes though, I suppose it all depends on the shape of your room whether the auto set up is the best choice. Best to have a play 'so to speak'.

You won't buy a better brand new amplifier for the price.

I don't use it for stereo music so can't comment, I use the pre-outs in this respect.

A

Anonymous

My Yamaha RX-440RDS has served me very well over the years, it's still going, built pretty well and never had any problems with it (reliability is something I regard highly when buying kit) so Yamaha seem like a good choice to continue with as an upgrade.

If I end up with the Yamaha I guess I could use it for music as well as AV until I track down a decent amp on the secondhand market! Looking for Roksan bargains on ebay!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts