Yamaha DSP-A1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to put together a Cinema/ tv/ music system. I have been offered a Yamaha DSP-A1. Price to be determined. It is obviously old though in brand new condition. Does anyone have an idea of what is it worth and is it worth buying for a few hundred pounds or could the money be better spent on a newer model?

Robin

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I believe it was a top of the range model.

This link might help, plus this.

The thing to bear in mind is that it does not have decoding for the latest HD sound formats from Dolby and DTS, (nor HDMI inputs for connecting a Blu-ray player), although it does decode standard Dolby Digital 5.1 and standard DTS. This would be an issue with Blu-ray discs, as you would not be able to hear the HD soundtracks (although you would still get the standard Dolby Digital etc).

DVD etc should be fine.

Some Blu-ray players will decode the HD soundtracks themselves, provided the amp can accept the inputs. I do not know if this one can (it would need to be able to take at least 5 connections from the one source).

I have an ageing Yamaha amp which still sounds great, although I cannot use HD audio with it.

'Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS