Yamaha AX863SE/Panasonic BD55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Yamaha AX863SE hooked up to an Panasonic BD55 Bluray player I simply can not get it to output in True HD - the audio on the bluray disc is set to Dolby HD but the amp just will not switch from Dolby Digital - the Bluray player is set to bitstream audio out...please help its driving me mad!!!

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi,
I'm having exactly the same problem with the Yamaha RX-V1900 and Panasonic BD55, watched The Dark Knight (sounds daft, but I thought it was better than when I saw it at the movies)but the True-HD did not light up on the amp. Blur-ray is set up the same, bitstream out. Just hope that someone can help out. Then I can watch it once more!

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Sorreltiger, yes I have selected the audio while the movie had begun, Hi-lighted the box and also un-selected the box, but I get still get the same showing on the AV = DD-Digital.

A

Anonymous

ok done it!!

I turned secondary audio off in the BD55 setup menu - and changed all the outputs to Bitsream - bingo - problem solved and it sounds even more amazing!!!

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks alexbartman.

Turned off the Secondary Audio, selected the TrueHD in the languages menu on The Dark Knight and WOW it works.

This means we are going to have to view The Dark Knight Again!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS