Yamaha A-S3000 and CD-S3000

aahonari

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone demoed these? A friend is really taken by these two (Yamaha A-S3000 and CD-S3000) components, and he wanted someone else's feedback about them as well.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If he has listened to them and liked them, particularly in comparison to other products in their price bracket, why would the opinions of random strangers on the internet matter? It's him who has to be happy with the product.

I have seen them in stores, and admired their battleship-like build quality, I have been avoiding trying to listen to too many products because it reduces temptation, so unfortunately I didn't listen to them.

Edit: tried to add links to Japanese reviews in case you wanted to try feeding them to Google translate, and a YouTube video, but that seems to have triggered the spam filter

matthewpiano

Why seek validation if he likes what he hears?

I have to say if someone heard my system and said it was rubbish it wouldn't change my opinion of it as I think it is wonderful and it brings me real musical enjoyment.

aahonari

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I am sorry for not relaying my message better, as I didn't mean to insinuate that he had auditioned them. He had just read about them online, and since I have interest in the world of hifi, he came to me about advice. The dealer does not have these, and therfore there's no way for any of us to audition it here. Hene my seeking your input.

The reason I posted the question here is that I personally have interest in the CD-S3000 as well, since it serves both as a stand-alone DAC and a SACD..

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
STILL waiting on WHF to review as they suggestsd they would a few months ago..........
boredom.gif

Stunning looking piece of kit.......
clapping.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts