Yamaha A-S1000 owner needs advice. F500 or LS50? What speakers?

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Hello forum!

I just purchased used amp Yamaha A-S1000. Very nice amp, I like it. Now I need good speakers for it, my budget is upto 500-650 GBP. I am thinking mostly about:
- KEF LS 50 (not Meta) - this are my favorites
- Fyne Audio F500 - today we have good "promo". It cost 40% less than KEF LS.
- There are many others, of course. But I would like to focus on these two mentioned above.

What should I buy? Is KEF LS50 still a king in its price class?

I have small (15 m^2) room space and I listen to various music genres - from POP, chillout, rock, instrumental to House, progressive house and even some times jazz,,... :)

Thanks for advice and your recomendations!

Bob

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for feeedback. I don't know this company neither model, but could you tell why you recommend these speakers? Thanks!
They are little less expensive than LS50, and 50% more expensive than F500 (in country I live).

EDIT:
I see this is British hi-end company from 1930s. Could be interesting.

Thanks for feeedback. I don't know this company neither model, but could you tell why you recommend these speakers? Thanks!
They are little less expensive than LS50, and 50% more expensive than F500 (in country I live).

EDIT:
welcome to the forum.
unfortunately nobody here can tell you what is going to work best for you in your room.
you should try to audition at a dealers to avoid disappointment.
The KEF was never king of its class in my opinion it just worked well for some in some circumstances

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site

EDIT:

Well, they're made in the Peoples Republic these days and none the worse for it. A prime example of what can be done with the might of IAG (and P.J. Comeau) behind it.

Just a superb balance of sound imho and nice to look at. They work without fuss with any of my amplifiers and will likely do so with any topology, mostly regardless of power unlike the Kef. Non-fatiguing.

Prior to these I had the active LS50 Metas and prior to those I had Quad S2's ...

The only thing I would say is that if you like a forward and edgy sound (B&W) you likely won't appreciate the Quad.

Last edited:
At around £500 in good condition, a nice used pair of LS50 would be my preference. I bought some a couple of years ago and enjoyed them greatly. Maybe not for headbangers, but for classical, piano, voices etc they are lovely. You need good stands so be sure to budget for those too.

Tinman1952

At around £500 in good condition, a nice used pair of LS50 would be my preference. I bought some a couple of years ago and enjoyed them greatly. Maybe not for headbangers, but for classical, piano, voices etc they are lovely. You need good stands so be sure to budget for those too.
Yes … good stands and quite a powerful amp as they are not easy to drive. Being a bit bass shy you could also use a subwoofer……
Oh No! I’ve fallen under the spell of KINKI Rick…..😖🤭😫

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts