Yamaha 667 amp.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought the yamaha and hooked it up via hdmi cable to my blu ray Panasonic dmp bd35 dvd player.It is sending the signal to the amp via bitstream.When watching a film in either dolby true hd or dts hd there is no indication of this on the amps front panel.There is a small red hdmi sign and a large hdmi sign.Can anybody let me know if there should be dts or dd signs on the front panel or do the hdmi signs indicate that the amp is receiving the proper information from the blu ray player.Thanks very much, Paul.

A

Anonymous

Look for a button either on the front of the AVR or on the remote that says "info" press it so it should now say "audio decode" from now on it will display what the decoder is doing not what dsp mode you have it on. Remember on HD signals always select straight or puredirect. Or it will only use the core 2.0 signal off the disc so it can apply it's dsp processing.

A

Anonymous

Hi markjaspi, Thank you very much for your reply.Did what you said and both dts hd and dd hd come up on the display in all their glory.Feel much better now knowing i'm getting what i paid for.Once again thanks very much.

TRENDING THREADS