yamaha 1067

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
hi there i haver just bought a yam 1067 i have got the first kef eggs 2005.1, and iam looking to upgrade i will be using it mainly for music through a squeezebox and movies can anyone suggest a good speaker setup for this amp, i have been looking at the kef 2005.3s is there any thoughts, cheers

XMB

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I had Kef Eggs a few years ago but upgraded to some proper speakers!

I would suggest if music is your main passion try to get some floor standers (room permitting) like the monitor Audio BX5 and a BX Centre if funds permit. Keep your Kefs for the remainder of the functions until funds allow a slow upgrade.

If you have the funds and need a more 'style' package try the monitor Audio Radius HD range. The 270HD floor standers are very good for their size!

A

Anonymous

If your main preference is music, you will be best looking for a floor or stand mount "standard" speaker type package and monitor audio match really well with Yamaha AVRs.

The BR5 would sound good if you main concern is music under £800 at: http://www.vickers-hifi.co.uk/retail/monitoraudio.html#sale

Or for a style package look at the Monitor Audio vector 5.1 range, as a minimum at around £600.00

If you only want 2 speakers to start off with look at a pair of Monitor Audio RX6 at £650ish.

If you want to use 2 of your KEFS for rears for now, I'm sure you could get a dealer to agree to the RX6 pair & a RXC centre for £800

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
thanks for your reply, i have started looking at the monitor audio bronze bx2 stereo speakers for 225 and keep the kefs for movies, could i connect these along with the kefs and just switch between them

A

Anonymous

If you are going for the BX2, good choice by the way, I would suggest investing in the BX Centre and using your KEFs for rear duties, that way there would be no messing around. And it's really important to keep you front 3 speakers matched, the KEF as a centre just would not sound well IMO.

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
cheers, sorry for sounding stupid, so would i be getting rid of the kef front 3 speakers and using the bx2s for front and centers even when watching movies

A

Anonymous

Yes, and you don't have to ditch all the KEFs you could use 4 of them as the AVR can handle 7.1.

When playing music, you would just press the music button which on the remote would give you the option of 2 or 7 channel stereo.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Try and get a demo if you can so you can hear the difference for yourself, but I would expect a huge upgrade in sound from your KEFs.

shreader

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
i have a yamaha 1065 i too have a kef 2005.2 speaker setup when i bought this system after a couple of months i bought a monitor audio br 5 centre speaker and bx5's for front and use the kefs for rear back cente and front surrounds i recomend the bx5's they need time to run in but when they do they sound sweet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts