XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Well I am excited about Microsoft's XBOX ONE console. So much so I have given a £20 deposit @game.co.uk to secure a console for it's launch date in November!!:dance:

D

Deleted member 2457

I see Amazon have got a bit more realistic on their price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BM2LLB2/ref=s9_ri_gw_g63_ir03?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0J0EZFM2BVGCG5TFKR6X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=394918607&pf_rd_i=468294

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It's now come to light that the Xbox one demos shown at E3 were actually running on high end pcs -not Xbox hardware. This adds to the rumour that Microsoft are going to have to underclock the GPU by up to 25% due to poor yields and manufacturing problems.

They really need to get rid of Balmer and bring back Bill.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Honestly as a big Xbox fan (Had the original and the 360) everything Microsoft have done for the ONE has been a massive letdown. My moneys going to Sony.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
It's now come to light that the Xbox one demos shown at E3 were actually running on high end pcs -not Xbox hardware. This adds to the rumour that Microsoft are going to have to underclock the GPU by up to 25% due to poor yields and manufacturing problems. They really need to get rid of Balmer and bring back Bill.

AFAIK only one title was running on a PC and that was Lococycle was running on a PC because it had not been ported to Xbox One yet, and the decision was made by the dev team, not Microsoft. all Other XBOX ONE demos were running on actual Xbox One dev kits the same as PS4 deoms were ruiining on PS4 dev kits as opposed to actual retail consoles which AFAIK is standard procedure prior to a consoles launch.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

conversely, they've revelead you can loan games you own to you"family" group whatever that may be. So without having to leave your armchair, your friend/family can play games you own, which is a pretty neat feature.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
MajorFubar said:

conversely, they've revelead you can loan games you own to you"family" group whatever that may be. So without having to leave your armchair, your friend/family can play games you own, which is a pretty neat feature.

You can have 10 "Family" accounts on one Gold membership and anyone of these family members can access all of your games in your shared folder on ANY XBOX ONE as long as that console has a gold membership tied to it, so My son can go to a friends house and log in as himself and play any of my games without the need of a disc even if I'm on our XB-ONE playing the same game, you can even play multi-player Vs each other this way!

Fuzzy Bear

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I think Battlefield 4 was shown on PC hardware masquerading as PS4/Xbox One rendering.

May I ask why you went for the Xbox One. It's taken a fair battering in the media, I'm interested to know the reason for your choice? Not decided myself so far.

manicm

MajorFubar said:

Not reading much are you? Sony was being blatantly dishonest about how used games would fare on the PS4 - pretty much the same as the Xbox One in fact.

Also newsflash - Microsoft are now removing those restrictions as well as the once-daily login requirement.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
MajorFubar said:

Not reading much are you? Sony was being blatantly dishonest about how used games would fare on the PS4 - pretty much the same as the Xbox One in fact.

Also newsflash - Microsoft are now removing those restrictions as well as the once-daily login requirement.

Your assertion Sony was being blatantly dishonest about this is a stretch at best. Sony have stated they will be implementing the same system on the PS4 as currently exists on the PS3 and Xbox 360 i.e. developers can implement their own DRM restrictions if they so choose - given this hasn't historically been done, there's nothing to suggest they will start doing so on the PS4 now. This is very different to what Microsoft announced a few weeks back, which was vague at best, and very much suggested restrictions would be implemented on the Xbox One.

And at the time Major wrote his post, Microsoft hadn't announced their U-turn so I don't think we can blame him for his lack of clairvoyancy on this. It's good that Microsoft have listened to feedback and backtracked so quickly, but then they would have been extremely foolish not to.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
professorhat said:
manicm said:
MajorFubar said:

Your assertion Sony was being blatantly dishonest about this is a stretch at best. Sony have stated they will be implementing the same system on the PS4 as currently exists on the PS3 and Xbox 360 i.e. developers can implement their own DRM restrictions if they so choose - given this hasn't historically been done, there's nothing to suggest they will start doing so on the PS4 now. This is very different to what Microsoft announced a few weeks back, which was vague at best, and very much suggested restrictions would be implemented on the Xbox One.

And at the time Major wrote his post, Microsoft hadn't announced their U-turn so I don't think we can blame him for his lack of clairvoyancy on this. It's good that Microsoft have listened to feedback and backtracked so quickly, but then they would have been extremely foolish not to.

+1 :cheers: Not many companys listen, lets hope things stay that way

manicm

Professorhat - I disagree. Sony made a big brouhaha about 'unrestricted' used games. Microsoft were honest in that they stated their (1st party games) would be free to sell/use, but 3rd party publishers were free to place restrictions. Sony initially blatantly did not state the latter as they wanted to get a cheap one-up on MS.

Sony were lying - plain and simple, and they still don't state it clearly.

My understanding is this (I may be wrong): Microsoft imposed DRM restrictions forcing users or retailers to directly pay Microsoft when selling used games. Sony left it to the game publishers if they want to impose DRM restrictions or not. If the publishers impose restrictions, any payment will go to the publishers and not Sony. Microsoft has now back tracked to come in line with Sony. I can't see where Sony lied here, if it's not profiting from it.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Now we just need Microsoft to confirm the cpu/gpu clockspeeds...

Initially the Xbox GPU was going to be capable of 1200 Gigaflops against the 1800 Gigaflops of the PS4.

But the latest rumours suggest that because of yield problems caused by adding ESRAM the XBox GPU may have to run at a lower

clockspeed and end up only being 900 Gigaflops.

(PS3/Xbox360 were around 300 Gigaflops in comparison, but a 3x gain in performance improvement is needed to just maintain parity with the jump to 1080p).

Hopefully Microsoft can sort any problems out before it has to commit to its final manufacturing spec.

T

theflyingwasp

I've pre ordered mine on amazon I'm not a big gamer but I hope it's all worth it and the game graphics are a big leap up from the 360.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts