WoW thats warm??? Yamaha YHT-196

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help please, bought the system the other day from richer sounds and it is chucking out a fair amount of heat. Is this bad?

Heres a picture of where it lives and i cant really move it as its not supposed to be in my possession.

For now i have placed a 90mm 12v PC fan on top pushing air into the amp which is keeping it cool

IMG_05221.jpg

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sweeden said:
Help please, bought the system the other day from richer sounds and it is chucking out a fair amount of heat. Is this bad?

Heres a picture of where it lives and i cant really move it as its not supposed to be in my possession.

For now i have placed a 90mm 12v PC fan on top pushing air into the amp which is keeping it cool

IMG_05221.jpg
in you re original thread i saw this picture and thought "my goodness, thats going to cook"

Get it out and give it space to disipate some heat!!!

A

Anonymous

OK its huge so its got to stay in there. Will it be ok with a fan system inside?

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sweeden said:
OK its huge so its got to stay in there. Will it be ok with a fan system inside?
Can it not sit on top of the unit?

With you're new purchase happily cooking away in the cabinet it will either catch fire or it will dry out resistors etc... and die.

If it was me I would place it on top of the unit!!!!

Youre laptop can sit on you're lap when you need to use it, the cupboard door can be put back on and with amp on desktop under Tv you can pop you're centre speaker on top or a shelf just under tv.

Just get the amp out of the unit!!!

A

Anonymous

boobs! :( ok will do. if i get told off for spending my savings (yes im 24) from me mum i'll hunt you down. oh well cant take it back now ive binned the packaging

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Your 24 but your worried that you'll get a rollocking off your mum for buying an amp?

Man some people your age are married with their own house and kids. How would she cope with that?

Tell her she should be happy you're spending your money on HiFi and not on booze and smack.

Anyhow, how long do you think you could have kept it hidden!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sweeden said:
boobs! :( ok will do. if i get told off for spending my savings (yes im 24) from me mum i'll hunt you down. oh well cant take it back now ive binned the packaging
Last thing you want is you're savings going up in smoke!!!

Tell ya mum you got it 2nd hand lol.

Its probably a great bit of kit so why lock it away? Apart from ya mum clipping you round the ear!!

Get it where you can see it so you remind yourself that's why you're now skint and you got a cauliflower ear from you're mum ha ha.

In all seriousness give it some proper ventilation and enjoy it!

Darrell

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Sweeden said:

Your mum WILL find it - trust me, they always do.

As others have said, at least it's a good clean hobby. Unless you count the fighting that sometimes breaks out on the forums :)

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Petherick said:
Sweeden said:

Your mum WILL find it - trust me, they always do.

As others have said, at least it's a good clean hobby. Unless you count the fighting that sometimes breaks out on the forums :)

:) Or hear it anyway. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts