Wow Philips 9705 ,,,400hz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Quite how nottherealwhatever has the audacity to call others argumentative, is really beyond the bounds of my understanding. His tone, incoherence, inability to grasp, accept or respect the views of others and errors in what he writes together with the unfounded basis for his claims and the underlying confusion which run throughout his posts, reminds me of several posters who were equally as 'enlightened'.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:get a few copies of avatar on bluray , and stick em on in the store , those sonys will walk out the door ...

...And in a very portentous manner into the bargain

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:get a few copies of avatar on bluray , and stick em on in the store , those sonys will walk out the door ...

...And in a very portentous manner into the bargain

they will walk out the door , "puffed up with vanity" ?

or " Full of unspecifiable significance , excitement , wonder and awe"

emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

honestly though , if ever there was a blu-ray disc to show off the format , and what hdtvs can do , avatar is it , stunning...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
So we're saying BD and HDTV is only shown at its best with CGI material? Guess that'll carry through to 3D, too - there's not a single 'real' movie on the way...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:So we're saying BD and HDTV is only shown at its best with CGI material? Guess that'll carry through to 3D, too - there's not a single 'real' movie on the way...

Only if its an LCD.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:So we're saying BD and HDTV is only shown at its best with CGI material? Guess that'll carry through to 3D, too - there's not a single 'real' movie on the way...
im not a big fan of cgi , id also like to see more proper old school movies , but i do think cgi will make up many of the new 3d movies , shame..

A

Anonymous

Most LCD and Plasma Television manufactured in the last 2 years with any hz rating can show how equally good they can be especially if you feed it with any CGI film. This is one area where I depart company with the notion that Philips can be that much better than than any cheaper sets out there. The gap narows considerably in the image differences in this respect.

The hz spec thing is misleading - if 200hz means less judder in the picture, then 400hz is what?? No judder? Surely it is to do with what the eye can see.

But I'll still go with the higher numbers

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
notherealakinanakamura:

Tkraz,

No one can make proper judgements on TV performanve unless they have testing facilities to probe the TV. Unless you want to do what the Gadget show do - just let people sit infront of the sets then say which is the 'Best'.Is this the way you feel reviews ought to be conducted - my grandma could take part pehaps. All I am hearimg from you are 'leading statements' and superlatives.

Philiips TVs have been consistently judged to be the Best by all Reviewers from 3 of the UK's top review publications...plus Gadget mags from Haymarket - that's official endorsement

9/10 sales staff at Dept stores who have been prof' trained by all of the the firms of TV they happen to sale admit that they would recommend Philips to customers. That's as unbias as it gets.

Now - your statement, " not everyone is seduced by Phililps like you[me]' - I consider this to be arguementative and naive to say the least.

I don't go with lone wolf opinions - they are for bloggers!

Well, it quite clearly is pointless trying to argue with you, so I won't.

A

Anonymous

Philips, great TV's, but at what price!

I just think they push the limits too far, about time they had more like the 7404 !

Iain Farr , Vancouver

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts