Would you dare , would you double dare ?

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Now , I like you know my system is perfect , or near as damn it as far as money can buy , but would you invite other forum members to listen to it , and would they like it ? and could they explain why they didnt ?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Now , I like you know my system is perfect , or near as damn it as far as money can buy , but would you invite other forum members to listen to it , and would they like it ? and could they explain why they didnt ?

Yeah I would be happy for a forum member to listen to my system but I know mine isn't perfect. What we could both learn though is with a piece of music they know well on their system can they still hear the same, more or less on my system. I wouldn't mind if they didn't like it as we all have our own tastes and to be honest I don't think anyone knows what a perfect system sounds like because we all have different theories as to what sounds perfetc. Too many variables when it come to recording the sound in the first place.

Are you thinking of inviting someone over for a listen then?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. Anyway, probably not many members live anywhere near me and my wife might have some choice comments about inviting a stranger into our home

I, like all forum members I suspect, like to think my system is the best I can get it without spending a whole lot more money, but would I invite other forum members to listen to it? No, probably not as the whole idea would be pretty pointless. Apart from the fact that I have recently had to move my system to a smaller room (not ideal) just about everyone has their own idea as to how a piece of music should sound and have tailored their system to suit. My system might either come as a shock, or indeed, a pleasant surprise to some. It all depends on the individual, their particular taste, and their hearing.

It sounds good to me and that is where it should end.

PS My wife also thinks it sounds 'very nice dear', but only if I am playing the genre of music she particularly likes in the first place.
omg_smile.gif

Neptune_Twilight

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There is probably more to be gained by listening to other’s systems than them listening to your own - A few of my relatives have decent hi-fi systems & all my three grown up children do (and the one at home is heading that way) and we all have our preferences of how we feel music should be presented - My sons are both bass freaks, another relative likes infinite baffle speakers & likes little bass, it does give interesting conversation though.

A bro-in-law has a very expensive system that he is very proud of & when I first heard it I was shocked as to me it sounded dreadful, (I didn’t say that though) but he loves it - I have however had opportunity to listen to other gear (borrow) with others systems I would not have heard it a home environment & tailor my own system by listening to others - There are some people who ask what do others think of them & they rarely like the replies they get, I never ask as I’m not really interested, same with my systems really *diablo*

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi James I wouldn't mind some one coming round for a listen as I enjoy shareing my music not to worried if they liked it or not as I love it and when they have gone home I still have to live with it I would be more interested in introducing them to music that they may not have heard before as always the music comes first

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts