WORST SITE IN THE WORLD : WHY DO YOU BLOCK FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES?

jbesclapez

May 26, 2014
Visit site
|(

I am reading WhatHIFI for many years. I am also a regular visitor of the website, especially the awards pages...

However, i hate your website because you are block access from foreign countries. Why would you do that?

I need to turn on my VPN in the UK to see your site. For years, i wanted to tell you how stupid it is... now it is done.

Maybe i will not log in anymore because it is really frustrating....

Bye

jbesclapez

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I am now in Turkey. Used to be in west africa and regularly in France... most of the time there is the same problem. (ipad/phones/pc/macs...)

Check your htaccess of the website or the cloud service if you are using one :)

jbesclapez

May 26, 2014
Visit site
As stated before, i had different ISP, different devices. The only common point could be my DNS (I am using OpenDNS).

But it does not mean that the problem does not exist, I do not make that up!!!

Dont you have also bandwith restrictions for outside the UK?

daveh75

jbesclapez said:
As stated before, i had different ISP, different devices. The only common point could be my DNS (I am using OpenDNS).

Which you'll be bypassing when using a VPN. Have you tried alternate DNS, to see if the problem still persists?

But it does not mean that the problem does not exist, I do not make that up!!!

No, but you've placed the blame on WHF? When it may not be their fault?

Dont you have also bandwith restrictions for outside the UK?

What?

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
jbesclapez

Given that the Turkish government is trying to block all sorts of internet sites,

http://www.renesys.com/2014/03/turkish-internet-censorship/

Do you think that "Big Brother" is watching you, and trying to block you reaching the WHF site. I struggle to think why they would want to block this site, but stranger things do happen now and again.

I hope it isn't the case :exmark:

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
When I was in Turkey few years ago almost everything on the internet was blocked by a government regulatory agency, just like in China. Most likely to be the case with other countries as well. Or could be just CDN servers having issues with caching the WHF site in certain regions. *unknw*

I'm in Macedonia and I have no issues with the site on PC or mobile. Everything works fine and the site speed is snappy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts