Work around for sonos

gazman3510

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi I have very large music library on my HP media smart EX490 NAS that I use in conjunction with my Sonos S5 trouble is the sonos cannot find and play all my music as there is a limit to how many tracks it can store and play

I was wondering if anyone has a work around that will enable me to play all my music

Gaz

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Easy.

Sort it all into folders and the tell Sonos to add or delete the library when you want to listen.

Thus <65k tracks in folder 1 (possibly organised A through to L) and <65k tracks in folder 2 (organised m through to z) and so on. EG you only delete the folder H and add the folder j when you want to listen. OK this is a bit of a fiddle, but Sonos doesn't take that long to change directories and index them.

Also cut down on the metadata. This helps.

If you read the forums, Sonos are aware of this. I had a long chat with a Rep on this subject and had to agree with him, that there is no way that you will have the time to listen to everything if you have more than 65k tracks. He had the figures all worked out and it would yake months of CONTINUOUS listening just to get through the collection. As most people listen to 2 hours maybe 3 hours every day, > 65k tracks will take you years to get through. His other thought was that there are many tracks that you will never listen to more than once........... then simply don't rip them in the first place.

Food for thought.

TRENDING THREADS