Word verification????

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

scene

chebby said:
BenLaw said:
Andrew Everard said:
Sheep shot, BenLaw, sheep shot...

Sheepgun.jpg

Shoulder of lamb with rocket salad?

Mutton dressed as Rambo?

With the increasing levels of sheepism here, maybe I should use this as my new avatar pic ;)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Is this word verification here to stay? If so, then I'm afraid it's bye bye from me. I find catchpas the MOST annoying thing on the whole of the web.

Why anti-spam measures when you have to be authenicated to post? Doesn't make sense...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's being trialled at the moment, so please bear with us. :)

As mentioned at the start of the thread, it shouldn't plague anyone for more than a handful of posts.

If people are getting continuing issues, please let us know.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
THanks for that: we're on it.

No spam system is totally fool-proof, but so far in this trial we've noticed a massive reduction in spam compared to previously. We'll continue to track its success - and behaviour - for a while yet....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
nads said:
Clare, does it learn by account or IP? just wondering as i has quite a few IPs in very differing locations. If you don't want this info out could you mail me.

Cheers.

It's more complex than that, as I understand... but you'll be fine. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi guys, yeah i am getting asked all the time, anything you can do for me?

Cheers. Thumbs up.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
idc said:
I take the ones that do get through are sad people who do this for a living?

I guess so. I even deleted two spammers recently who'd both taken the trouble to upload an avatar :O

Well I have to say the policing of this forum is spot-on. The Off Topic section is the ideal place to spout drivel and if the others filled up with nonsense it would not be fun or useful at all.

I used to use an old NewsNet (or was it 'usenet' ? ) motorbike forum. Only about 1 in ten posts was actually about bikes so it got very tiresome very quickly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts