Wood and bouncy bits. Any Thorens wisdom to share?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That does look a good one Chebby and it's encouraging that everything's boxed.
I'm not sure that it's supposed to be transported with the inner platter still in place and the drivebelt still on it though; these things take a beating in the post.

camcroft

I have got a TD147 in my loft gathering dust,bought it in South Africa in the 80`s its black and it came out with a wand type arm that detached in the middle tightened with a collar fitting.It has cracks on the lid next to the hinges but other than that I think it should still work.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, but I got rid of that 'itch' somewhen over Christmas. Decided I will only ever do vinyl again when/if I ever become rich and have the time, money and space to do it properly and have a completely seperate system (and room) devoted to LP replay.

I will keep the records though. They are too good to sell and I may yet change my mind again. (Or win the lottery or a turntable prize on WHF?)

chebby said:
Thanks, but I got rid of that 'itch' somewhen over Christmas. Decided I will only ever do vinyl again when/if I ever become rich and have the time, money and space to do it properly and have a completely seperate system (and room) devoted to LP replay.

I will keep the records though. They are too good to sell and I may yet change my mind again. (Or win the lottery or a turntable prize on WHF?)

Damn!! I've been waiting with sweaty anticipation, hoping you had purchased some 'Bouncy bits'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts