With a £300 budget what small sub would you buy????Claire/Andrew, All

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It would be nice to be paid 1p for every time this question has been asked, Apologies in advance.

Im looking for replies "in your opinion" not what the ratings neccessarily say, Claire/Andrew What hifi staff your opinions would be good.

Parameters:

Sub Size: Preferably smaller (Monolith to large)
Room Size: Through lounge semi divided Full Area 7 x 3 m Listening Area 4 x 3m
Amplifier: Cambridge Audio 540R V3
Speakers: Arcam Musso's
HiFi or Movies: A sub that does both well but main priority is music.
Sub To Configure: Easier, to the average person standard.

Budget: £300 but would stretch to £400, £500 max if you think the difference in sound quality would be worthwhile

changeable short list: MK XLS200/300....MJ Accoustics Pro 50Mk11...Wharfedale DIAMOND SW150 /250...Rel Quake?????.

Before you say or think it. I know HiFi and Cinema dont mix but we have to start somewhere.
Future plan is to have a HiFi amp linked to my av amp. Compromise is the word for today.

What works for you, or advice to, a getting confused oldie trying to come up to date, with sooo many options.

A

Anonymous

BK XLS200DF or if you can stretch to it, an XLS300.

Comfortably outperforms everything below £600.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick replies,

Andrew do you think its worth doubling the budget for the Velodyne with the system I have.

Masterbluster do you think the XLS300 is by far a better sub than the 200. I have found lots of info on the 200 but not to much on the 300

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in peformance between the BK XLS200 MK2 and XLS200 DF MK2

Apart from the DF is downward firing and the 200 is forward????????

Which one would you pick and why.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts