£300 budget for Hi-Fi speakers for a large room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi people of what hifi. First thanks very much for recomending my last pair of speekers- my little Wharfendale 9.0's are fab.

Now: We are curently finishing a holiday villa to rent with an open plan 84 square meeter living room/ kitchen combined and are looking for a good pair of Hifi speekers with enough power to be clearly heard around the room. I was wandering if you could vet my findings so far and awnser a couple of questions?

1) Would I need floor-standing/tower speeker (e.g. tannoy v4) to get a good distribution of sound around the room or would larger bookshelf size also be sufficant?

2) Would you recomend either the Wharfendale dimond 10.1, 10.2 or 10.3's for this roll.

3) What would your sub £300 price range recomendation be

A

Anonymous

Appologies for the terible spelling! Chrome didnt pick it up. I would delete and repost if there was the option!

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
A vote here for the Tannoy V4's. Nicely balanced, powerful and punchy. If you went old skool 2nd hand, perhaps some Mission 753 Freedoms

That is a good size room. I would imagine larger standmounts would suffice but would be more prone to finding a good second-hand floorstander pairing for the job. The Tannoys you mention are good, I might also suggest the KEF Q35's which are efficient and are a nice size (not too massive). It might be an idea to know what you will be using to drive them.

T

the record spot

Depends what you're after really; secondhand Q Acoustics 1050i would be good if you like a BIG sound, Mission 752 (the originals) would be a fine choice as they're fabulously good, Linn Keilidhs with the Ku-Stone base and the aforesaid KEF Q35.2 would all be very fine picks with very differing presentaions.

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
While I absolutely loved the Mission 752 Freedoms, do you think they'd fill a room of that size well enough?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts