Wiring up my new Rel T2!

kingnothing83

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I have a Rel T2 coming next week and want to make sure its set up right! I understand how to set up via the high level and .1 connectors at the same time. The .1 is easy, just running the phono cable into my Denon 2808 sub output, but I want to make sure I set up the high level correctly.

Now I read somewhere that the best way to set up is to connect the front L and R speakers to the amplifier binding posts with banana clips, and the Rel to be wired in to those same binding posts directly.

I will set it up like this but I am moving house in 2 weeks and want to give the sub a full try before I move, so I dont want to order any new cables or get banana plugs on my current cables before the move.

So the question is, can I wire both the speakers and the subwoofer "naked wire" into the binding posts, or will this potentially damage my equipment?

Many thanks

Simon

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Of course you can wire them both with bare wire. Electrically it's exactly the same as using bananas or spades, it's just that it can be a little awkward depending on the thickness of the cables and the size of the binding posts. The REL will come with a Neutrik connector for the high-level input, so probably worth waiting to see what that's got on the end of it before buying anything else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts