Wiring Queries ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please HELP !!!!***%%....

Question 1:

Can anyone who has good sound knowledge (seems to be varying opinions on this , hence why i ask "knowledge" ) help me with wiring lenghts for a 5.1 home cinema system ? My kit is an 875 onkyo amp with an accoustic energy aegis neo 5.1 system . I am intending to use IXOS XHS553 Silver Plated speaker cable which is pretty thick cable . Do the lenghts all HAVE to be the same or is it just the front three ?Bearing in mind that the amp can use the Audyssey speaker set up system .

Question 2 :

Is is ok to wall mount speakers ?..... say 1.5 off the ground facing downand in towards my sitting position . Or speakers on stands at ear level ? I have my wife complaining it's too close to her so cant turn them up but i am restricted with space at the back ....also thinking about my baby starting to crawl in a couple of months time ....yikes my equipment fallin on her !!!

Any help most gratefull for this home cinema virgin .lol.

Greg

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well my AV system is my source of knowledge so here goes.

1. Front left and right have same length cable

2. centre cable shorter

3. rear speakers both different lengths.

No problems at all.

My rears are mounted approx 10ft off the ground and face downwards toward the listening positions. I used to have them on stands but due to a redesign, could not site them on the stands anymore.

After running audysy again the surround effect is actually better with the speakers high up, it almost extends the room if that makes sense.
http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/380118.aspx, for some piccies

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
True Blue:
Well my AV system is my source of knowledge so here goes.

1. Front left and right have same length cable

2. centre cable shorter

3. rear speakers both different lengths.

No problems at all.

My rears are mounted approx 10ft off the ground and face downwards toward the listening positions. I used to have them on stands but due to a redesign, could not site them on the stands anymore.

After running audysy again the surround effect is actually better with the speakers high up, it almost extends the room if that makes sense.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/380118.aspx, for some piccies

True Blue

Spot on, I have the same for my set up, except the rears are at about 2 metres height, very expansive sound from the rears as well

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
karandora:

Please HELP !!!!***%%....

Question 1:

Can anyone who has good sound knowledge (seems to be varying opinions on this , hence why i ask "knowledge" ) help me with wiring lenghts for a 5.1 home cinema system ? My kit is an 875 onkyo amp with an accoustic energy aegis neo 5.1 system . I am intending to use IXOS XHS553 Silver Plated speaker cable which is pretty thick cable . Do the lenghts all HAVE to be the same or is it just the front three ?Bearing in mind that the amp can use the Audyssey speaker set up system .

Question 2 :

Is is ok to wall mount speakers ?..... say 1.5 off the ground facing downand in towards my sitting position . Or speakers on stands at ear level ? I have my wife complaining it's too close to her so cant turn them up but i am restricted with space at the back ....also thinking about my baby starting to crawl in a couple of months time ....yikes my equipment fallin on her !!!

Any help most gratefull for this home cinema virgin .lol.

Greg

1. No. Mine range from about 2 metres for the centre to around 10/12 metres for the rears. The auto set-up on the 875 will factor in level differences and time allignment.

2. All of mine are at 1.5 metres from the floor. 5 wall mounted and 2 on their stands. Wall mounting is perfectly acceptable.

A

Anonymous

Wall mounting is acceptable, although the manual for the Neos does state the acoustics are better if they're on stands.

ÿAs for cable length, I've made sure that front L and R have the same cable length as each other, and surround L and R have the same cable length as each other. Seems to sound good (although I only set it up yesterday and it isn't properly configured yet...)

I'm pretty sure I read on Richer Sounds' site that that was the best way of doing it.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your inputs guys , think i'll venture down the wall mounted avenue . Still unsure about the wiring lenghts tho ....

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
It doesnt matter. I have my fronts the same length as they are equidistant from the amp. Other than that your receiver will compensate.

If it was a pure stereo setup it would be a different matter though.........................

A

Anonymous

Thanks . I found some interesting reading ;

REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules

Have a look see what you think......

A

Anonymous

Thanks . I found some interesting reading ;

LINK REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules
Have a look see what you think......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts