wireworld hdmi cables

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi i want to upgrade my hdmi cables and am very tempted by the wireworld chroma 6 what hi fi gave it five stars has anyone got this cables who can let me know what the performance ie picture quality is like and are they worth getting thanks in advance :)

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi 3937 Edwards,dont think you can go wrong with the wire world cables they are very good ,still pleased with my silverstarlight 6,best advice though see if you can borrow one first,it'a always best to check things out before you part with your cash.good luck david

A

Anderson

3937edwards said:
Purchased the new wireworld chroma 7 HDMIcable amazing picture quality 100% improvement on my pPanasonicplasma :clap:

Can you quantify that, in what way was the picture better?

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi there Anderson well for a start the picture is more crisper colours more vibrant and contrast I.e whites seem whiter blacks are blacker so much to the extent I have had to reduce my contrast level I am very impressed with this cable never had wireworld products but glad Ihave 100% improvement on my previous cables :dance:

abacus

3937edwards said:
Hi there Anderson well for a start the picture is more crisper colours more vibrant and contrast I.e whites seem whiter blacks are blacker so much to the extent I have had to reduce my contrast level I am very impressed with this cable never had wireworld products but glad Ihave 100% improvement on my previous cables :dance:

What you describe is technically impossible with an HDMI cable; therefore something else must have changed at the same time.

Curious

Bill

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I have noticed a big improvement and i suppose that is all that matters i dont think what hi fi would of awarded the wireworld chroma 5 stars if they were no good and now i have it i can see why :)

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I have noticed a big improvement and i suppose that is all that matters i dont think what hi fi would of awarded the wireworld chroma 5 stars if they were no good and now i have it i can see why :)

MadSquirrel

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I have Wireworld Chroma cables, but only because Sevenoaks threw them in when I bought a complete new system from them.

Can't say I noticed any difference when I swapped over to the freebie HDMI cables that came in the box with the Blu-Ray player and Freesat box. However the Wireworlds have better quality plugs on them that stay firmly in the socket, the freebie ones tend to fall out given a slight tug. So for that reason I'm leaving the Wireworld cables in.

All this talk of "audiophile" USB cables makes me laugh too. USB and HDMI both use a packetised protocol. The only possible way I can hypothesise that a USB or HDMI cable could make a difference to the sound or picture is if it wasn't properly shielded, was spewing out RFI like a spark transmitter, and your amplifier (or other line-level component) was also inadequately shielded and was picking up and amplifiying said RFI.

Next they'll be trying to tell us that changing your Cat5 cable makes a difference too...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts