Wireless Speaker via AV Receiver

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

Apologies if this should be in home cinema as I'm using an AV receiver, however the question is specific to when listening to music.

I have a pioneer vsx 924 and would like a speaker in my bathroom that is powered by the amp wirelessly. The speaker doesn't need to be of great quality. I have Dali Zensor 3's in zone 1 and 2. Could I use extended stereo to power a 5th speaker in the bathroom? I would like to be able to continue listening to music when in bathroom without stopping the rest of the rooms playing. At the moment if I go in the shower my only choice is to stop the music to the amp and then play music from source (phone) to a seperate Bluetooth speaker, but the rest of the rooms obviously stop. It would be great to continue in all locations.

Any ideas? Thanks!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
One of the features of the Yamaha Musicast system which is in a lot of their AV and receiver products is the ability to re-transmit over Bluetooth which gives you a simple way to create a multi-room system with conventional non Musicast products like wireless speakers. As you don't have one of these, then perhaps one of those portable Bluetooth splashproof speakers and a Bluetooth transmitter that connects to your headphone socket on your AV receiver could work.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
tino said:
One of the features of the Yamaha Musicast system which is in a lot of their AV and receiver products is the ability to re-transmit over Bluetooth which gives you a simple way to create a multi-room system with conventional non Musicast products like wireless speakers. As you don't have one of these, then perhaps one of those portable Bluetooth splashproof speakers and a Bluetooth transmitter that connects to your headphone socket on your AV receiver could work.

thanks for the info. That Yamaha system looks good!! I'll take a look at a Bluetooth transmiter and shower proof speaker. If you have any recommendations on transmitter please let me know as im not too familiar with these. Many thanks!!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
bdf123 said:
I'll take a look at a Bluetooth transmiter and shower proof speaker. If you have any recommendations on transmitter please let me know as im not too familiar with these.

Something like the Avantree Saturn Pro aptX Bluetooth Receiver and Transmitter, but the are cheaper similar products.

There are lots of splashproof Bluetooth speakers to choose from ... something like Creative Muvo 2 or 2C might be ok for you assuming you have somewhere to rest it on.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
tino said:
bdf123 said:
I'll take a look at a Bluetooth transmiter and shower proof speaker. If you have any recommendations on transmitter please let me know as im not too familiar with these.

Something like the Avantree Saturn Pro aptX Bluetooth Receiver and Transmitter, but the are cheaper similar products.

There are lots of splashproof Bluetooth speakers to choose from ... something like Creative Muvo 2 or 2C might be ok for you assuming you have somewhere to rest it on.

brilliant! Thank you so much. Just had a quick read and this looks like exactly what I need to fulfil my showering music needs!! Thanks!!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
bdf123 said:
brilliant! Thank you so much. Just had a quick read and this looks like exactly what I need to fulfil my showering music needs!! Thanks!!

Just note that the particular product I mentioned works off an internal Lithium-Ion battery, so will need recharging every so often. I think it can be recharged whilst still being used from a USB power supply like a phone charger or from the your receiver if your receiver has a USB port for iPod style devices. Also take note of Bluetooth wireless range - hope your bathroom isn't miles away from the location of the receiver / Bluetooth transmitter (< 10m is usually OK) otherwise you may have issues.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
tino said:

question on this I'm hoping someone can clarify. If the transmitter is connected to the amp via the headphone socket, then would this stop playing music out loud over the other speakers? If so is there any other way of doing this so that music in bathroom can play wirelessly whilst the wired speakers in bedroom continue to play? Thanks

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
bdf123 said:
tino said:

question on this I'm hoping someone can clarify. If the transmitter is connected to the amp via the headphone socket, then would this stop playing music out loud over the other speakers? If so is there any other way of doing this so that music in bathroom can play wirelessly whilst the wired speakers in bedroom continue to play? Thanks 

Is there a stereo pre amp line out connection you could use?

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
tino said:
bdf123 said:
tino said:

Is there a stereo pre amp line out connection you could use?

theres IR out option? Is that it? Or pre out RCA red and white?

thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts