Wireless router for ipod touch???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a wireless router that will provide me with a good range. My router will be located in my attic conversion. I would like to be able to use my ipod all around the house and out in the garden. I currently have the linksys wrp400 router and connectivity is poor on the ground floor. I've read that 802.11n routers provide the best range. Could anyone reccomend a decent router or tell me what they are using and how it performs.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Unless you really want a new router, something like this might well do the job, by receiving and retransmitting the wireless signal into your 'dead spot'.

STD1_f5d7132_01.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. I only had the linksys router on loan from a friend just to see how my internet works on my ipod. Would you now recomend a better router or buy a cheaper router and the belkin range extender.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
The antenna gain on the 400 is only 2db so a router with higher gain antenna may increase your range tho you may still need a range extender. 400 also does telephony so if you have no need for VOIP (Voice over IP) get something like Linksys WRT54GS or Belkin equivelent . I also recommend external antenna as opposed to inbuilt .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts