Wireless Music

KayJay85

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
So this weekend I spent an evening setting up my hi-fi system to access music wirelessly from my laptop:

Bought an Airport Express for £45 off Gumtree (seemed like a good price for an unopened unit) and came home very excited to setup my streaming music. However, it took me AGES to setup the device to work properly as it would not recognize my home wireless network (I do not use an Apple router or a Mac). Apple support was clueless but after trawling on the internet I managed to find a solution and with heart in my mouth the damned light stayed green.

Following that I trialed my new setup and was quite pleased with the results barring a slight delay when switching my speakers from laptop to hi-fi. I then downloaded and installed Airfoil to stream music from Spotify, Last.fm and Youtube. Had some trouble transmitting to the hi-fi kit but a restart ensured that all went smoothly. Airfoil is still a little laggy on the controls but once streaming does very well.

Now to save money to get an external DAC...

Messiah

You are certainly not alone in having set up issues with the AE grrrr. Luckily some kind people on here helped me out with a problem very similar (although probably the same) to your own.

Once set up though it is a great little device.

Messiah

Well then it's lucky you're here JD - just prepare yourself in advance
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts