Wireless advice with Pure Jongo A2

loz79

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, wondered if someone could offer some advice on the best approach to wirelessly streaming.

I've recently bought a Pure Jongo A2 to connect to my amp, which I was hoping would mean I could effortlessly stream my library to the strereo using my laptop as a media server. Unfortunately it's not quite gone to plan so far...

Supposedly I can use the Pure Connect app to access the library, which I can sometimes, but more often than not it tells me 'no content is available'. When it does work I then find a lot of the stuff is missing, like only four songs from an album show up. The Walkman app on my phone delivers a similarly intermittent experience.

I'm thinking about buying a NAS drive and using that as the server but am reluctant to lay out the cash if it's not going to make any difference. Has anyone tried a similar set-up and does the NAS drive perform better?

Thanks, Loz

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Loz,

I have recently purchased a Pure Jongo A2 and am currently using it connected to a Cyrus amp via a Arcam DAC streaming all content from a Zyxel NAS, and using an IPad as a controller. Once the NAS media server has catalogued the tracks, which doesn't take too long, the content appears in the app mostly with artwork and can easily be browsed. From selecting a track it usually begins to play in under 3 secords, and changing tracks likewise. The NAS is hardwired but the A2 wireless, and so far the performance has been flawless with no breakup or delay even when the NAS is carrying out other tasks such as backups.

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts