Wired or wireless headphones?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:
Wired for me. How about you?

One of each. Bose QC2 for serious listening and Denon wireless for late night when the leader of the opposition is sleeping. Actually I may buy her a pair as she has her hi-fi louder than mine.
I didn't know you were sleeping with Theresa May? *biggrin*

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a B&O H4 and a V-MODA "Wireless-2", and when I run either of them wired with a cable, the headphone electronics are off, and I'm using a good DAC/amp and equalizer for best crispy sound. It's still possible that an internal lithium battery could explode if either the battery is defective or the wiring that connects to the battery shorts it out, so the best I can say is if you're using a Bluetooth headphone (wired or in Bluetooth mode) and you feel a sudden increase in warmth from the headphone, take it off and put it somewhere safe while you investigate.

D

Deleted member 2457

dalethorn said:
I have a B&O H4 and a V-MODA "Wireless-2", and when I run either of them wired with a cable, the headphone electronics are off, and I'm using a good DAC/amp and equalizer for best crispy sound. It's still possible that an internal lithium battery could explode if either the battery is defective or the wiring that connects to the battery shorts it out, so the best I can say is if you're using a Bluetooth headphone (wired or in Bluetooth mode) and you feel a sudden increase in warmth from the headphone, take it off and put it somewhere safe while you investigate.
thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

Do you guys believe wired sounds better than wireless?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
gel said:

Another person mentioned microphonic cables. But there are other factors too. For instance, let's speculate that a headphone has a strong peak in wired mode, but the peak is suppressed in wireless mode, making the sound more enjoyable. Technically, the wired sound should be obviously better when listening in a very quiet place without distraction. But anything can happen....

dalethorn said:
gel said:

Another person mentioned microphonic cables. But there are other factors too. For instance, let's speculate that a headphone has a strong peak in wired mode, but the peak is suppressed in wireless mode, making the sound more enjoyable. Technically, the wired sound should be obviously better when listening in a very quiet place without distraction. But anything can happen....

I am a great believer that you cannot deliver the same audio quality over a non wired headphone for the equivalent cost.

Non wired are more about convenience than quantity.

I have had a lot of problems with 'noisy' wires of late. Thankfully my latest 1More earphones use a different cable to the three driver ones I had before, which was one of the reasons for the upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS