Windows Media Player being disobedient!

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Right, I use EAC to rip CDs however when I insert a disc into the laptop's drive it automatically starts ripping in windows media player. Now, I bet you're thinking I have set WMP to do this but honestly I haven't. In WMP options on the rip tab the box (rip CD when inserted) is unticked!

Short of uninstalling WMP I'm at a loss.

Anyone???? Please???

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mattjax05:
Right, I use EAC to rip CDs however when I insert a disc into the laptop's drive it automatically starts ripping in windows media player. Now, I bet you're thinking I have set WMP to do this but honestly I haven't. In WMP options on the rip tab the box (rip CD when inserted) is unticked!

Anyone???? Please???

Any reason why you don't want WMP to rip your cds?

Try changing it to "Only when in rip tab". Then play a cd in WMP and it should default to just playing a cd when it's inserted.

I'm assuming you have gone into Tools-options-rip music and unticked there?

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:mattjax05:

Anyone???? Please???

Any reason why you don't want WMP to rip your cds? Try changing it to "Only when in rip tab". Then play a cd in WMP and it should default to just playing a cd when it's inserted. I'm assuming you have gone into Tools-options-rip music and unticked there?

I am using eac to rip files to flac. Anyway this is not going too well either (antoher thread)

I will try what you suggested, thanks - will report back in 5 mins.

John Duncan

It might be set up to do it in Windows rather than WMP:

To turn off automatic ripping for the CD drive
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Right-click the CD drive that you use, and then click Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box for the CD drive, click the AutoPlay tab.
4. In the list of content types at the top of the dialog box, click Music CD.
5. In the Actions area, do one of the following:

Click the Select an action to perform option, and then specify the action you want Windows to perform when it detects a music CD in the CD drive by clicking that action in the list.

-or-

Click the Prompt me each time to choose an action option. Windows will then ask you what you want to do each time it detects a music CD in the CD drive.

One of the options on 'Select an action to perform' is 'Do Nothing', which is what you want presumably.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan thank you
emotion-2.gif

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Yes all sorted. I think the guidance you gave was for non-vista os. I have vista and autoplay was in the control panel. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts