Wilson Benesch Arc vs Audiovector Si3 signature

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I can get these speakers for almost the same price.

does anyone listened to the speakers? Or has an opinion about them?

I preferred the Audiovector but I am afraid about the psysical instability of the speakers because I have a 15 month old kid.

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi Poldo,

I have the Audiovector Si3 Signatures - fabulous speakers.

But... I have 4 and 5 year old kids. You are right to be concerned about the stability - pariticularly on the spikes supplied.

My son when 3 1/2 managed to topple one of the speakers. Hasn't happened since but we have had to be really careful how they are placed in the room - not ideal acoustically but safe.

I am also a paediatrician - so there was no excuse....

With a 15 month old kid, very difficult to ensure they are away from the speakers (or any speakers!). I would suggest that if you do buy the speakers, you will need to put a barrier in front of them. Come to think of it, with any kid under around 4, a barrier is probably a good idea to prevent pencils being inserted into the drivers!

If you can sort out some kind of barrier, the AVs are well worth it!

Cheers,

EO

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

These are two of my fav speaker manufactures, I have listened to Wislon Benesch speakers and I own a pair of Audiovector Mi1 Siganture speakers (Standmounts)

Wilson Benesch speakers will basically sound very "clean". As they are standmounts they might sound a bit lean, and lack dynamics compared to a floorstander.

The Audiovectors will sound fast, exciting and enjoyable to listen to. They are also very "smooth" not glossing over details, but rather everying from top to bottom gells very well.

Personally, I would buy the Audiovectors. If you got a small room, buy a pair of they standmountspeakers. They are the perfect match for Naim and Cyrus equipment. You only have to go over to their forums to find a army of supporters. Theyalso distribute Nain equipment in Denmark.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
well , I bought the Audiovectors today, i loved them. And they did a better job with my music taste.

They will be delivered next friday.

amp is a Moon i1 and the Moon DAC is the source.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
any Moon fans here? I love the amp, bit like naim but more low end control and bit less upfront, but veryyy smooth

naim xs -moon i1 are very similar amps and if one go blind for naim, you should try the Moon i1 because maybe you find it better
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts