Will this system work?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I wonder if someone could help me with a few "newbie" questions.

I currently have a Sony DAV S550 system and I want to upgrade it so I can get the full benefit out of my PS3, Sky HD and Samsung 40" 1080p HD Television. I was thinking of getting the Sony STR-DA2400ES amp and until I can afford to get new speakers, use the speakers off the S550, would there be any problems using these?

Also another question, the spec for the sony amp says it has 1080p upscaling, but if I am running Sky HD and the PS3 through it, does it still upscale the picture or doesnt it have to as it is already 1080p (from sky and blu-ray discs)

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Guess this was a stupid question...

emotion-10.gif

Messiah

Obviously your choice of amp could do with much better speakers but the ones you have 'will do' for now.

As for the upscaling, the Sony amp won't upscale a picture that is already Full HD. (It can't!)
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I had the same system and it was/is a cracker for an all in one.

However, the difference you'll hear upgrading is fantastic. I've got Kef 2005.3's, but was wondering if I can use my old Sony speakers for presence speakers with my Yammy amp. Trouble is, the Kef's are 8ohm and the Sony's 6ohm

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:
Obviously your choice of amp could do with much better speakers but the ones you have 'will do' for now.

As for the upscaling, the Sony amp won't upscale a picture that is already Full HD. (It can't!)
emotion-2.gif

I think the sub-woofer on the davs-550 is passive and active on the 2400 so not sure how you would get on with that.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Messiah.

As Laserman says - the sub will be an issue

Messiah

laserman16:Messiah:

emotion-2.gif

I think the sub-woofer on the davs-550 is passive and active on the 2400 so not sure how you would get on with that.

It will be a slight issue but you can work around it. Just connect the Sub to the front left and right speakers terminals (or terminal A for the speaker and B for the sub). It will then be driven by the amp and 'will do' for now.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Guys for your help.

Now to find the chepest place for the Sony 2400

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts