Will the Denon AVR-1910 pair well with.......

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Mourdaunt Short Aviano 1 front pair and Mourdaunt Short Alumni centre, rear and sub??

Also, I read in the 1910 review that the aut set up is not very good? Have I got that right?

Thanks in advance.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Really? Is that the case?

I know its a good amp, product of the year etc..... I know the Alumni are not bad, and the Avionos 1s are very good as Hi Fi speakers. I swapped the front pair Alumni for the Avianos to give more mid range and weight (which works well).

I want to be sure I get an amp which gets the best out of the speakers.

I find it hard to understand or learn about pairing equiptment.......

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
The Yamaha 765 is on offer for £300, which seems great value for a 4 star amp which probably would have got 5 stars if the optical issue was fixed at time of review?

I'm not worried about buying the product of the year, just want be sure to get the best out of the speakers and dont understand system matching......

This is also the reason im not sure if I need say the Yamaha 1065 at £500?

How do you find out what speaker types match which amp, or is it as ear says, a good amp is a good amp?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
It's just a case of complementary tonal qualities - a "bright" set of speakers might sound more balanced with an amp that's on the "warm" side. However, it's all a matter of taste - not to mention room acoustics! For that reason, it's always best to get at least one demo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts