WILL A TURNTABLE SOUND ANY GOOD USING MY 5.1 SETUP?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all , I would love to buy a turntable and start building a collection of vinyl 70s/80s music but am wondering if it will sound ok with my recently purchased av setup. Ive a yamaha RX-V667 amp and KEF 2005.3k2 speakers. Am i wasting my money as the sound will be coming through front kef eggs and they are small or are they capable of handling decent/ reasonable volume sound. They are rated 100w each and helped with the 200w sub? I fully understand that larger speakers will give a far better soundstage but i have only just spent a small fortune on the rest. THANKS DAZ

A

Anonymous

just t say like the look of the REGA PL1 . Is this a lively player?

A

Anonymous

yes a yamaha dock and ipod classic but its compressed music unlike vinyl!

KT66

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
dsharratt:hi all , I would love to buy a turntable and start building a collection of vinyl 70s/80s music but am wondering if it will sound ok with my recently purchased av setup. Ive a yamaha RX-V667 amp and KEF 2005.3k2 speakers. Am i wasting my money as the sound will be coming through front kef eggs and they are small or are they capable of handling decent/ reasonable volume sound. They are rated 100w each and helped with the 200w sub? I fully understand that larger speakers will give a far better soundstage but i have only just spent a small fortune on the rest. THANKS DAZ

don't see why not, as long as the Yamaha has a phono stage, BUT only use 2.1 - that is the only way to go.

both KEF and Yamaha make exellent kit so get a Rega P1/P2/P3 or Project and you're off.

If the Yamaha has a Moving Magnet stage it will probably be as good as the entry level Cambridge 640

If you don' know , try to learn about setting it up, levelling, proper support etc - it will make a difference

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts