Wiim Pro plus or Cambridge Audio Mxn10

Burt25

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Having lived a Wiim pro plus for 2 weeks now, I’m debating whether to keep it, look at the Cambridge mxn10 or wait for the Wiim Ultra? I have been really impressed by the Pro plus but now that I’ve scratched that itch I’m wondering if spending almost double on the CA will yield a big and noticeable jump in sound? Or maybe the upcoming Ultra will push Wiim into a new territory? (My system consists of Rega Brio-R and Fyne F302i speakers)

Gray

Having lived a Wiim pro plus for 2 weeks now, I’m debating whether to keep it, look at the Cambridge mxn10 or wait for the Wiim Ultra? I have been really impressed by the Pro plus but now that I’ve scratched that itch I’m wondering if spending almost double on the CA will yield a big and noticeable jump in sound? Or maybe the upcoming Ultra will push Wiim into a new territory? (My system consists of Rega Brio-R and Fyne F302i speakers)
What is the Wiim Ultra all about Burt?
Do you know what it will offer over your Pro Plus?

(I wouldn't be changing from Pro Plus to MNX10).

Burt25

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
What is the Wiim Ultra all about Burt?
Do you know what it will offer over your Pro Plus?

(I wouldn't be changing from Pro Plus to MNX10).

With ultra due for release in next couple of months, I’m thinking may be worth the wait to get aluminium case, screen and probably better DAC? Why do you say no to MNX10? (I haven’t heard on yet but interested to hear comparisons from anyone who has and compared to the Pro plus)

Reactions: Gray

manicm

The CA will have a bigger and better soundstage. The Wiims are great for the price, but manage your expectations too. Wiim's app/software is probably better though!

Reactions: Burt25

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
If it is purely the front end you wish to upgrade (I agree you may want to upgrade other elements in your system first, although what you have currently seems fine) then you might want to stretch to an external DAC for the Pro Plus like a Chord Mojo 2. I suspect it would need this sort of talent to be able to noticeably improve on the DAC already in the WiiM streamer. If my experience of the Mojo 2 being fed from a WiiM Mini is anything to go by then you will have put an end to upgrading this further unless a lottery win or inheritance comes along.

Reactions: Burt25

Burt25

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
If it is purely the front end you wish to upgrade (I agree you may want to upgrade other elements in your system first, although what you have currently seems fine) then you might want to stretch to an external DAC for the Pro Plus like a Chord Mojo 2. I suspect it would need this sort of talent to be able to noticeably improve on the DAC already in the WiiM streamer. If my experience of the Mojo 2 being fed from a WiiM Mini is anything to go by then you will have put an end to upgrading this further unless a lottery win or inheritance comes along.
That’s an interesting option, but at around £600 combined creates another rabbit hole to go down and would bring Bluesound Node X and Eversolo into consideration.

TBH I’m pretty happy with how the Pro Plus sounds with my setup, it’s still within window of return with Amazon so I’m more inclined to either stick with it or return it and see what the WiiM Ultra might bring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts