Wii U launched

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
My guess, no. Lots of people bought the original Wii, used it over Christmas, then occassionally dusted it off for parties / committed themselves once again to using Wii Fit everyday and lasting a week or so :) - it's too expensive an upgrade for these people at the moment, especially given the price of an extra GamePad (though I realise you can use the old Wii Remotes with it).

Having said that, would I have guessed at the original's stellar success - not in a cat in hell's chance, so who knows?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
Details here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/sep/13/wii-u-nintendo-launch-details-live

Do you think the success of the original Wii will be replicated?

nope. Think that the time of consoles only is coming to an end as everything starts to merge in to one box under the TV.

Still it is nice to see one company who keep trying new things, even if they bomb :)

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
No idea, but I bought the golf game Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 The Masters (back in the summer) for the normal Wii...... what a game !

Seriously, anyone who likes to play golf games.... This is the One :)

Not for me , the WiiU.... it wants to be a media hub and all sorts.... I just want a decent game consule with easy play tbh .... PC is still way better than all the rest ... except for golfing ... see above :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Cant get into games consoles at all. Still got an old Game Cube floating around some place. I think the older consoles are better than the newer ones. Like the Super Nintendo - that was a games console.

Messiah

I loved my Super Nintendo. I have not played a console anywhere as near as much ever since (although I have put in hundreds of hours on Goldeneye on the '64 along with MarioKart). Maybe this was my age though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Messiah said:
I loved my Super Nintendo. I have not played a console anywhere as near as much ever since (although I have put in hundreds of hours on Goldeneye on the '64 along with MarioKart). Maybe this was my age though.

Same here. Super Soccer, Mario, Zelda and The Goonies - that was a great game. The games today are boring!

D

Deleted member 2457

With the Goonies it is Goonies 2 on the NES I am thinking about, just looked it up on YouTube. I still like the music! 8)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Meh you guys with all these fancy 3D computer graphics in place of decent involving gameplay. Manic Miner on a ZX Spectrum is where it's at. Know it.

D

Deleted member 2457

MajorFubar said:
Meh you guys with all these fancy 3D computer graphics in place of decent involving gameplay. Manic Miner on a ZX Spectrum is where it's at. Know it.

Exactly! Gameplay today is out of the window. I had a ZX Spectrum too. Only game I can remember is Football manager. I will have a look on YouTube to see if I can find some more.

A

Anonymous

Alantiggger said:
No idea, but I bought the golf game Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 The Masters (back in the summer) for the normal Wii...... what a game !

Seriously, anyone who likes to play golf games.... This is the One :)

Not for me , the WiiU.... it wants to be a media hub and all sorts.... I just want a decent game consule with easy play tbh .... PC is still way better than all the rest ... except for golfing ... see above :)

We play this every lunchtime in the board room - projected onto the big screen. A great way to pass the time, have lunch and thrash the management!

D

Deleted member 2457

Match day on Spectrum 48K - played that for hours.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Are WHS&V planning to review this anytime soon? Thinking about getting my daughter one for Christmas but will wait for a review first

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
mine arrived yesterday, frustratingly zavvi shipped machine special delivery and games seperatly even though ordered together - have machine but not games - got the u with nintendo land which was hoping would be another wii sports type game and if honest not that blown away, played for an hour or so.

looking forward to mario world coming on monday and def like the way you can play on the tablet with main screen off, would be great now whilst wifey watching x factor!

nice touch that can control tv and sky box off controller

will update on monday after playing mario and zombi u

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
matengawhat said:
looking forward to mario world coming on monday and def like the way you can play on the tablet with main screen off, would be great now whilst wifey watching x factor!

Thats funny as i keep thinking the same how good it would be to be able to play while my wife hogs the TV

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Just ordered Premium with Nintendland for £250.

Not been into games for a few years, but have a young baby so tend to be in the house more and need something other than films and TV to kill that final hour or so before I go to bed. I won't buy loads of games I don't think, just need s decent few and a good driving game.

Never been into Nintendo consoles and games really, but this had Zombi U, and Aliens, Project CARS, and Rayman Legends coming which look really good, plus other more mainstream games, and should be good for parties and the kids as they get a bit older.

Getting a 360 or PS3 at £150 and them quickly become obsolete seemed a bit of a waste, and waiting for successors didn't appeal so much either. Looking at current info they don't seem as if they'll be massively more powerful, and I'm not sure where more power is really needef for games TBH, and I feel as if lots of the 360 franchises I've done on my old original XBox plus they aren't so kid friendly. There's lots of talk of media streaming, PVR, but I've got all that stuff already.

Wii U felt a bit cheaper especially with the recent drop, and seems to have some good features and interesting ideas. Hopefully should last me for a bit, but if not not so expensive I can't get a PS4 or whatever. Sales seem to have gone OK, so hopefully it will last a bit.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well Need For Speed Most Wanted is due out soon (March/April),

Dirt & F1 2013 are another good example out sometime during 2013

The Walking Dead (March/April)

Battlefield 4 near the end of the year

So there are some good games in the pipeline and you know all the Nintendo hits like Mario Kart , Zelda & Pilot Wings are all on there way this year.

I'm looking forward to Aliens next month.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts