Visit site
Hi,help me out here :?
I'm in doubt, what should i buy as my cd player:

- Musical Fidelity M1 CDT (transport) + Musical Fidelity M1 DAC;
or
- Audiolab 8200 CDQ.

T

the record spot

Out of interest, why just those two? If you can still get one, for instance, the Harman Kardon HD990 offers both an onboard DAC and delivers a great tonal quality. Been out for a while now (about three years) but you can still get them. Great player for the money.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Another magazine gave both products a 5 star review. The only problem with this is you may not like the sound as much as the reviewers. A marantz ki pearl lite would be another good choice and offer a slightly different presentation.

As you may have noticed with questions like that on this forum you are always going to get others suggesting this that and the other with complete disregard to your original question.

I would say it would depend on what you intend to partner it with.

My money would be on the Musical Fidelity kit because I love the build quality, sound quality, and it has more potential for future upgrades.

I would, however, strongly urge you to try and get a home demo of both before you splurge the cash.

maranellofan

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It´s being difficult to get a home demo.
I´m going to partner it with: Av Receiver - Rotel RSX-1057, Sonus Faber Concertino Speakers and Rel Quake Sub.
Regarding the Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, i´m a bit worried about the What Hifi report - "A touch of top-end aggression".

That's probably one man's opinion and is again dependant on ancilliary equipment.

Read around a bit more.

I would urge you to listen to them before you buy. If you are not buying from a dealer then you are taking pot-luck with either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts