Why oh why

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
did I audition a pair of Spendor A5's at my local hi-fi store on Friday? They totally blew me away and I know I will have to get them for a home demo. They were connected to NAD equipment and I know if I get them on demo they may sound totally different with my equipment.

My system consists of Project Xpression MKIII turntable with Graham Slee Communicator SE Phone Pre-amp with upgraded PSU1, Opera Consonance 120 Linear CDP, Cyrus 6vs2 (used as a pre-amp but soon to be changed for a Prevs2) Cyrus 8Power, Morduant Short Mezzo 2's, Atlas Equator MK11 Interconnects, QED Revelation Speaker Cables and Wireworld Stratus Power Cables.

Has anybody any experience of the Spedor's teamed with Cyrus gear and what's your opinion?

Thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
5cats35:did I audition a pair of Spendor A5's at my local hi-fi store on Friday? They totally blew me away and I know I will have to get them for a home demo. They were connected to NAD equipment and I know if I get them on demo they may sound totally different with my equipment.

At least if the A5 and Cyrus pairing does not work out you know which amp to replace them with.

A

Anonymous

Allegedly Cyrus and Spendor go very well together and Spendor even use them (amongst others) to voice their speakers. I would imagine that the 6vs is a good start but the A5s will be gagging for an upgrade.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Not sure if they're biwirable but they will work very well with your Cyrus amps :)

I've heard these as well as the A6's with Cyrus 6vs2 integrated and the Cyrus 8vs2 integrated amps when we we're looking for speakers for my missus's system and they were superb (just too much £££ for what she wanted to spend).

If they sounded good with NAD I'm sure they'll sound superb with your Cyrus gear :)

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
chebby:

5cats35:did I audition a pair of Spendor A5's at my local hi-fi store on Friday? They totally blew me away and I know I will have to get them for a home demo. They were connected to NAD equipment and I know if I get them on demo they may sound totally different with my equipment.

At least if the A5 and Cyrus pairing does not work out you know which amp to replace them with.

I'm not changing my amps thats for sure! :)

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:Allegedly Cyrus and Spendor go very well together and Spendor even use them (amongst others) to voice their speakers. I would imagine that the 6vs is a good start but the A5s will be gagging for an upgrade.

Yes, I am getting a prevs2 shortly and will wait until I have this before having the A5's on demo.

TRENDING THREADS