Why no BOSE?

A

Anonymous

A long time a go, a review company said something bad about Bose, Bose sued them!

A

Anonymous

The thing is, Bose know that any company in the same price range can beat them. In my opinion, Bose are horrible! My friend has a 321 system, it has 2 speakers, and a sub, it is not good, no mid range whatsoever, just my opinion though!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Bose are a style system offering. While they sound good and look great, there's always much more value on offer elsewhere, so they unlikely to be ranked highly on a value-for-money basis. Bose, I assume, have decided why submit and get a "meh" review which will do them no favours. Their sound-docks have been well-recieved by WHF, tho...

A

Anonymous

The SoundDock I like, but there home cinema systems I can't stand!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've also given decent reviews to Bose headphones in the past, as well as the docks.

Anyhow, they've got some exciting new products coming up, apparently - i'm off to see them on Tuesday, and will be requesting review samples of the most interesting releases

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In the past I've always found Bose to be helpful in supplying review equipment for Gramophone. Indeed at least one of its ads still carries a quote from a Gramophone review, incidentally written by our Emeritus Buying Guide Editor when she moonlighted as an audio reviewer.

Agreed, things have been a bit quiet of late since a change of PR operation, but I hope normal service will soon be restored.

But good to see that at the merest mention of Bose all the old familiar myths, legends and prejudices are trotted out...

A

Anonymous

Does this mean you only review kit which you are given? How do you know if what you are given is going to be what the public gets?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In common with most other magazines in most consumer areas, we rely on loan equipment from manufacturers and distributors for review purposes.

The subect of whether or not equipment is representative is often brought up, but recent experiences such as the firmware problems on various AV receivers, TVs with backlight bleeding and so on, suggest we are getting just the same products as you will buy in the shops.

TRENDING THREADS