Why is this site like a pub on the Moon?

T

theflyingwasp

Yeah noticed that myself ,if it wasn't for Gel and BigBoss this forum would be shut.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
I think you sort of miss my point:

http://www.twice.com/news/components/onkyo-going-big-dolby-atmos/45748

http://www.twice.com/news/receivers/pioneer-readies-dolby-atmos-avrs-speakers/45747

http://www.twice.com/news/blu-raydvd/dolby-atmos-blu-ray-discs-due-year/45750

http://www.avforums.com/news/onkyo-and-denon-dolby-atmos-av-receivers.10444

http://www.avforums.com/news/dolby-atmos-blu-rays-coming-in-autumn-2014.10445

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
Yeah noticed that myself ,if it wasn't for Gel and BigBoss this forum would be shut.

Cheers buddy! :cheers:

T

theflyingwasp

No probs gel ,you and BB have helped a shed load of people.always informative and great links. :cheers:

Sliced Bread

Interesting.

On the above link to the Pioneer..."The Elite-series receivers will be Dolby Atmos upgradable via a firmware update due by the end of the year, the company said."

The Elite series in the UK are the SC receivers...fingers crossed for an upgrade for those models too :)

Sliced Bread

Forget that.

I just re-read it and it looks like this applies to the 2014 receivers as they won’t be Atmos enabled at launch, but will be after the year end firm ware update…if I’m reading it correctly.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Atmos is the worst kept secret, ever. I knew months ago too and prepared my room for it.

This type of news will always leak and before you know it, its all over the web.

John Duncan

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
John Duncan said:
How can they be launching it tonight if we were talking about it (and hearing it) months ago?

It's not the launch of Dolby Atmos as such (that's been around for a while), but rather the announcement of the hardware partners who will be bringing it into domestic AV products.

As for home use JD, well it's just an excuse to cram even more speakers into your living room ;)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
duaplex said:
Atmos is the worst kept secret, ever. I knew months ago too and prepared my room for it.

This type of news will always leak and before you know it, its all over the web.

Atmos wasn't a secret. It already exists in some cinemas. And as some have already pointed out, we've been writing about it for months. What we couldn't confirm, until now, was which of the hardware manufacturers would include Atmos in their 2014 models.

John Duncan

Andy Clough said:
John Duncan said:
How can they be launching it tonight if we were talking about it (and hearing it) months ago?

It's not the launch of Dolby Atmos as such (that's been around for a while), but rather the announcement of the hardware partners who will be bringing it into domestic AV products.

As for home use JD, well it's just an excuse to cram even more speakers into your living room ;)

And the dead body over which this will occur will more likely be mine than Mrs JD's...

T

theflyingwasp

How is this really going to sound in the home? When feeding tonnes of speakers a 5.1 Blu ray?

Sliced Bread

bigboss said:
theflyingwasp said:
How is this really going to sound in the home? When feeding tonnes of speakers a 5.1 Blu ray?

Future Blu-ray Discs can come with Dolby Atmos coding.

The big question is whether there will be room for an Atmos sound track and a dts-MA / dolby true hd track.

I hope so or we might start to see an Atmos track and a dolby digital 5.1.

Neptune_Twilight

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm still 2 channel, but have inexpensive Tannoy 5.1 speaker system unused in the loft & not got around to using that yet, most of the stuff I watch on TV are low definition recordings so can't ever see me setting AV up - Plus my other half has been very patient with me & my 2 channel system which isn’t exactly invisible in the lounge.

T

theflyingwasp

gel said:
Sliced Bread said:
gel said:
I won't be buying a new amp - no chance.

Well I guess it's not like dts-MA sounds rubbish or anything.

Agreed. :)

All those in the market for a new receiver ,or people like myself buying their first amp are going to be very happy.

i have no intention of buying a 4K TV and there are no 4K blu ray players but at least if I buy a state of the art Dolby Atmos 2.0 amp I'm future proofed for a hell of a long time.

I doubt many will ever need more than 5.1 and like sliced bread said it's not as if DTS Master Audio is rubbish but to start with 7.1 and keep adding and getting the full potential of each speaker 9.1.4 is going to sound awesome!

anyone know the recommended room size for 9.1.4 or 11.1.4?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts