Why does Sky keep deleting my TV recordings?

RichSM

Sep 9, 2021
Visit site
This happens on BT TV as well. You have to manually lock any programmes you want to keep.
Apparently the recordings are encrypted too, so unless you find a way of decrypting the files on the hard drive, they're only able to be played by that box.

Sky might have great channels - and I subscribe to quite a few using their streaming subsidiary NowTV - but they don’t make themselves easy to like or love, do they?

If I didn’t think I’d feel shafted I’d consider having a horrible dish and ugly wires draped around my house to watch TV. But the internet will supersede all that in a few years, I’m sure.

daveh75

Sky might have great channels - and I subscribe to quite a few using their streaming subsidiary NowTV - but they don’t make themselves easy to like or love, do they?

That's not really down to Sky, BT or any other provider to be fair though, but pesky rights holders wanting to protect their IP!

PVRs would've never got off the ground if there wasn't encryption and other protections in place

If I didn’t think I’d feel shafted I’d consider having a horrible dish and ugly wires draped around my house to watch TV. But the internet will supersede all that in a few years, I’m sure.

Where you're even more at whim of pesky rights holders 😀

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts