Why do I get buzzing coming out 1 Speaker when I change Input selector on my Denon Amp?

Eddie-F

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
Is buzzing only happening while you are switching sources of is it still there afterwards?
Source selector switch may simply need a squirt of contact cleaner
It Doesn't happen when The Tuner is on or the CD it only seems to happen with the Turntable and the Tape Player? I know it's an Old System , but I've tried everything I've took the system apart then reconnected the wiring , even tried different speakers it seems to coming back now and again I have to play about with the wiring and sometimes it goes away?

Gray

[QUOTE="Eddie-F, post: 1224185, member:
I have to play about with the wiring and sometimes it goes away?
[/QUOTE]
.....which suggests intermittent interconnect (possibly detached screen connection in an RCA plug)....but not if your buzzing is present on phono and tape.

As always Eddie, it's a process of logical elimination.
It was never going to be the speaker - but at least you've confirmed that ;).

Further narrowing down required......

Gray

Amplify. Please explain why this might only effect the source switching in two positions only....
True that OP reports only 2 out of 4 affected sources, but if you had to pick the 2 most susceptible to nearby interference, it must be TT cart and tape head with their high gain amps - maybe TT signal lead acting as aerial - and why moving cable clears buzz??

True that OP reports only 2 out of 4 affected sources, but if you had to pick the 2 most susceptible to nearby interference, it must be TT cart and tape head with their high gain amps - maybe TT signal lead acting as aerial - and why moving cable clears buzz??
He never said anything was connected to the tape input and one reason I asked him to remove the turntable leads to see if it still happened.
Correction, he does mention a tape player. So perhaps it may be feedback depending on the tape source switch position.

Gray

He never said anything was connected to the tape input and one reason I asked him to remove the turntable leads to see if it still happened.
Correction, he does mention a tape player. So perhaps it may be feedback depending on the tape source switch position.
He mentions a tape player above, so I assumed one was connected.
Who knows? He'll let us know probably.

TRENDING THREADS