Why are all blu ray music discs live ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
I only have 1 music blu-ray thats not live.

Rammstein - video collection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rammstein-Videos-1995-2012-Blu-ray/dp/B00ABA1OP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358892969&sr=8-1

I heard that the quality was not very good on that one ?

just ordered Celine Dion live in Las Vegas I hope it is a good one!

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend wanted to see her when we was in Vegas but could not get tickets so I thought I would by the blu ray hope it sounds good

That's my storey and I am sticking to it

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend wanted to see her when we was in Vegas but could not get tickets so I thought I would by the blu ray hope it sounds good

That's my storey and I am sticking to it

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Best music Blu-rays I've heard:

Neil Young's Archives Vol.1 - stunning but pricey. £200 for 10 Blu-rays. Not just music, but it's all I go back to once I've viewed the film and photo footage.

I'm quite disappointed with the SQ of the recent Zep Blu-ray. I think the CD sounds as good/bad. Shame as they sound on fantastic form.

Other higher-rez formats I've enjoyed:

1) Neil Young's studio albums of the last decade. Most seemed to come with a DVD-A disc too. They sound great. Prairie Wind in 24/96 sounds fantastic.

2) Likewise all the remastered Talking Heads' CDs from a few years back also contained a DVD-A of the album. They sound great. Personal favourites are True Stories and Speaking In Tongues.

3) King Crimson's Crimson King re-issue contains a 24bit hi-rez disc too and that sounds excellent.

4) American Mavericks - Michael Tilson Thomas/SFSO. Modern orchestral music on SACD. Wonderful sound, dynamic and ever so slightly unhinged music.

5) Steely Dan's Gaucho on DTS-CD. I bought this by mistake a few years ago. It wouldn't play in my PS3 but my Denon UD had no problems.

Sounds fantastic, then again it would sound half-decent on a mangled TDK C60 tape too. It's a great recording, if you like your music in ultra-arid, knowingly etoliated form.

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Only Blu Ray I have heard 'musically' speaking is a Chemical Brothers one called 'Don't Think'. Even though it is a live concert, my home cinema setup has not produced anything as sweet as this before. I have to use the blu ray and cinema amp for 2 channel CDs, and whilst it's ok, I was astounded by the leap from CD to the Chemical Brothers blu ray. I too would like to expand my blu ray driven music collection (from 1), so would welcome any other recommends (apart from Celine Dion).

WX

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Recently bought Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill on blu-ray. = pcm stereo 24b/192k!

Excelent sound and great album with a few very longduring songs, almost a journey. 8) :grin:

Perhaps the record-companys and/or artists can not get anymore profit from their backcatalogue like they hope they did when their DVD video-collections came out.

The Live-concerts will sell but possibly instead of more Blu-ray it will be streaming-video in the near future. :quest:
smiley-surprised.gif
smiley-money-mouth.gif
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts