WHY Adele 25 IS NOT ON SPOTIFY ???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
There seems to be a bit of music snobbery going on here! I didn't think we did that!

Chris

I do...!

Not taken too seriously I hope, but then I am a Grateful Dead fan, so I have to take it as well as give it..... *dirol*

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
It's on the YouTube if you really want to try before you buy.

Just think, though. If she cane be the most streamed artist (or was that GaGa?) and make just 8K, what it must be like for much smaller acts if you only ever streamed their music and never bought it.

Then again, I guess you're a buyer or you're not, so it's similar to all that "lost" revenue from people who download illegally and would never have paid anyway.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Covenanter said:
There seems to be a bit of music snobbery going on here! I didn't think we did that!

Chris

Music is not a matter of taste, it's a matter of education. I'm proud to be called a music snob. *yes3*

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

Music is not a matter of taste, it's a matter of education. I'm proud to be called a music snob. *yes3*

For Dave's education, Shania Twain & Alesha Dixon (Alesha was a judge on Strictly before Darcy). *bomb*

None of this I take seriously by the way. We do have quite a wide selection of 'popular music' left by my son and daughter that they collected as they were growing up. My son in particular was on Spotify very soon after it was launched and it is, along with You tube an important part of his life, researching music for his vocational course and now in the early days of his career in the performing arts industry.

It's all a bit of fun to me, snobbery is part of life *smile*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

For Dave's education, Shania Twain & Alesha Dixon (Alesha was a judge on Strictly before Darcy). *bomb*

None of this I take seriously by the way. We do have quite a wide selection of 'popular music' left by my son and daughter that they collected as they were growing up. My son in particular was on Spotify very soon after it was launched and it is, along with You tube an important part of his life, researching music for his vocational course and now in the early days of his career in the performing arts industry.

Who or what is "Strictly" and "Darcy"?

Something to do with Jane Austen?

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

nah! your'e pulling my leg now - I'm starting to feel sorry for you *unknw*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

I know what you mean, I do not really watch TV but I am guessing this is some wretched 'talent' show, so back in the real world a fair few conversations rather pass me by.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:
There seems to be a bit of music snobbery going on here!    I didn't think we did that!

Chris

nah! your'e pulling my leg now - I'm starting to feel sorry for you *unknw*

Music is not a matter of taste, it's a matter of education. I'm proud to be called a music snob. *yes3*

For Dave's education, Shania Twain & Alesha Dixon (Alesha was a judge on Strictly before Darcy). *bomb*

It's all a bit of fun to me, snobbery is part of life *smile*

nah! your'e pulling my leg now - I'm starting to feel sorry for you *unknw*

I know what you mean, I do not really watch TV but I am guessing this is some wretched 'talent' show, so back in the real world a fair few conversations rather pass me by.

No Dave, now you're bullshitting, it is not possible to be a living, conscious person in this country without knowing what Strictly Come Dancing is. Furthermore, if you're as cultured and as educated as you try to make out then you should know exactly who Darcy Bussell is.

The_Lhc said:
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

No Dave, now you're bullshitting, it is not possible to be a living, conscious person in this country without knowing what Strictly Come Dancing is. Furthermore, if you're as cultured and as educated as you try to make out then you should know exactly who Darcy Bussell is.

He's getting confused because it's actually Darcey..... there I am cultured. :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

Just goes to show how different our lives can be and what's real - in our case that 'entertainment' world is very real as it is all part of my son's career. *smile*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
To be quite honest I have heard of Strictly Come Dancing, it gets a mention on TMS from time to time. Since we were talking music (of a sort) I kind of assumed that there was a spinoff, 'Strictly can't sing', or something like that. I have zero interest in any such programs.

Darcey Bussell is of course known to me though ballet is really not my thing, Darcy on the other hand could be any of the myriad of currently popular female warblers that I do my best to ignore.

I am though quite a fan of someone who Mrs DDC refers to as 'the head girl', Hannah Reid is really rather good, though not quite as much to my taste as distant relatives Jimmy and William Reid.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davedotco said:
Darcey Bussell is of course known to me though ballet is really not my thing, Darcy on the other hand could be any of the myriad of currently popular female warblers that I do my best to ignore.

Just to clarify:

_79069986_79069985.jpg

412333-2fd9747e-8599-11e3-b939-7fcb48a5bb4a.jpg

FarsiPage.jpg

G100803warsi426--128082272543253600.jpg

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
davedotco said:
Does she sing or dance?

You mean you don't watch Bakeoff, either? *scratch_one-s_head*

So, the text is an old family recipe for lemon drizzle cake?

Seriously, I really do not watch television bar the ocasional music or sports event. Of course I have heard of some of these programs but I don't ever watch them. I do not buy mainstream newspapers or magazines either so much of the celebrity/gossip passes me by too.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davedotco said:
Seriously, I really do not watch television bar the ocasional music or sports event. Of course I have heard of some of these programs but I don't ever watch them. I do not buy mainstream newspapers or magazines either so much of the celebrity/gossip passes me by too.

robin-wood-04258.jpg

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
davedotco said:

The primary reason I do not watch television is because I am out rather a lot. Despite my not so tender years, I still get to a few gigs and the occasional classical concert.

I think a better definition of a Hermit is someone who stays in his cave all day having his/her brain rotted by the corrosive bilge that passes for mainstream 'entertainment'.

rainsoothe

gregory said:
JMac said:
She said she wasnt making it available to online streaming services. Guessing they dont make enough money from it in relation to normal sales. I suspect it'll appear eventually once everyone who wants to has bought a copy.
I won't, can't stand her

+1. She's horrible and pretentious (at least for someone who sings the 4chords-that-made-a-million all the time).

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
spiny norman said:
davedotco said:
Does she sing or dance?

You mean you don't watch Bakeoff, either? *scratch_one-s_head*

So, the text is an old family recipe for lemon drizzle cake?

+1, only watch movies, Discovery channel, Odyssey, NG on tely, other than that is european and world football cup.

other than that is music playing all day long! *biggrin*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davedotco said:
The primary reason I do not watch television is because I am out rather a lot. Despite my not so tender years, I still get to a few gigs and the occasional classical concert.

I think a better definition of a Hermit is someone who stays in his cave all day having his/her brain rotted by the corrosive bilge that passes for mainstream 'entertainment'.

Oh right – just as long as you're not taking yourself far too seriously or anything! ;-)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
davedotco said:

Oh right – just as long as you're not taking yourself far too seriously or anything! ;-)

Moi?

To (almost) coin a phrase....*angel*

Still interested in the earlier recipe for lemon drizzle cake if someone can do a translation.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Covenanter said:
I read that its sold 800,000 copies in the UK in the last week and 3 million copies in the US. I think the phrase "making hay while the sun shines" may be appropriate.

Chris

No more takeaways and queuing in the chip shop, for Adele, it'll be designer pies from now on. *biggrin*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:

"M'lud, the Beatles are a popular all male beat combo with recordings in the Hit Parade. One may have heard one's servants humming their tunes ..."

(Although I realise there is a high probability that davedotco will now respond with an explanation of how he really was the sixth Beatle.)

TRENDING THREADS