Whoops !.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Thought id give all a laugh at my expense. Had my first fatal bouncer yday, tempted fate after mikes post a little while ago. Absolute beauty, cant hanging there like a piece of string in the wind. Luckily it was my 304 that got the boing treatment,clumsy sod eh. Welcome to the cart bouncers club floyd.
emotion-18.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Aha, See, if he's said 'cantilever' instead of 'cant'...I just thought he was insulting somebody.

Ah i guess if its said in a darn sarf kind of way it would read a tad erm WRONG !

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
i will reply here as I did on turntables forum. We put the Dynavector Karot on moved my moon phono to MC and lost volume and dynamics even at 2 oclock. Anyone know why everything is matched up on the phono end. Is it maybe as my dealer said the moon might not be a true mc stage and is lacking where it counts?

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
The Moon LP3 you have is an MM and MC phono stage with 'End-user adjustable gain for moving magnet (40dB) & moving coil cartridges (60dB)'. Make sure you have the impedance loading set to 100O and not 47kO. The adjustable capacitance loading of 0pF and 100pF should not make any difference, it doesn't on my Dino anyway. The Dynavector Karat has quite a low output of 0.3mV (0.23mV stated in some places) so it sounds like you also need a stepup transformer to boost the gain even further. Apart from that I can't think of anything else it could be.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
It sounds like you are right it simply just doesnt have the oomph to get things going properly. Even my Rega Exact at 5.5 suffered with volume. Thinking along the lines of the Dynavector P-75 or Graham Slee MC

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Mike,gpi is on the button mate. You are going to need around 70db of gain to pull anything out of your dynavector, even more if its output is more like .23mv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts