Whole new revamp based around new B&W speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently decided to scrap my whole ancient home cinema system and replace it entirely. The first things I have purchased and setup are QED silver anniversary speaker cabling.

For aesthetic reasons the speakers i purchased are... Front: XT8 , Center: XTC, Sub: PV1, and rear wall mounted VM1's (all B&W).Can anyone assist me on what AV receiver i should buy? I'm not sure which one to go for: The Sony STR-DA5400ES, Onkyo, or Yamaha? I need it for music playing and movie watching.

I'm also on the look-out for a 50 inch T.V- the Panasonic P50V10 caught my eye, any ideas?
Its a large room approx 20x20 feet (hard surfaces, lots of windows)

Any help would be really appreciated,

Cheers,

Demos

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Rotel is often partnered with B&W. I would also look at addressing the acoustics i.e. adding a rug, fabrics, curtains etc. otherwise you can spend an absolute fortune on kit and it will sound terrible. I've heard of people saying the best upgrade they've made to a listening room was adding a carpet!

Did you not demo any amps with the B&W when you bought them? Your dealer should be able to offer up some advice and assistance with matching a receiver with the XT's.

A

Anonymous

Not sure what your budget is but Yamaha works well with B&W or if you can spend a bit more Rotel deserves a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts