Who reckons 4K HDR OLED at 55-inches is worth it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
2016 is a year of consolidation. The industry specs that are supposed to be the future (but for how long is anyone's guess) have finally been nailed down, and manufacturers are waking up to the reality that the rush to replace old CRT, and even 720p / 1080i, DLP and other "not really full HD" sets is over. Sales from now on will drop back close to those in the CRT days when people bought tellies when their old ones blew up, not because this year's model comes out with s super-dooper-brand-new on / off switch (or app).

4K is coming (Netflix already broadcasts some 4K in the US), and you can enjoy the benefits of upscaled 1080p content, either over the air (or down the wire) or from BluRay / DVD sources.

I am, however, waiting to see what happens in March or April, possibly 2017, before spending any more serious cash on televisions.

OLED? Yes, very bright, but still expensive. I wouldn't want to splash out a load of cash on a 1080p OLED knowing 4K will be here in force next year or the year after. It would be like buying a 26-inch black-and-white CRT set back in the day, just before BBC and ITV started broadcasting in colour.
Cheers! That's what I am thinking too.

You say that about nearly every comment people post..you must keep changing your mind!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts