Which TV would you buy at the moment?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Within reason which TV would you buy at the moment if you had the money or are going to buy?

I can't quite decide with all the new models, so I was just wondering what other people's thoughts were?

:cheers:

Note: I am not buying one at the moment but just like to have one lined up if mine goes wrong.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The nearest equivalent to the one I have now which is ... um, the one I have now.

I'll have it until the 5 year cover runs out in two years time and I might replace it then.

Don't give a stuff for 3D or massive screen area or 4K. Just a gorgeous, pin sharp picture (and even half-decent sound from it's own speakers).

cabman

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, I am in the market for a new tv and I have been for at least 3 years. It needs to be 47-50".

i was about to buy a recondition et60 from panasonic for £529, but then I spied the new Panasonic 47as650, I think I will be buying that in a few months.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd buy another panny Gel as nothing rivals the latest plasma GT, VT, ZT etc. even 4k isn't there yet, the blacks are no rival in these sets compared to the Panny at this current time....... May be in a year or 2 when 4k BDs and Sky comes out, then maybe then.

Paul.

I'd be screwed if my TV died. John Lewis would give my my £539 back as there is nothing close to it for that money, and I would have to fork out a fortune to get something as good. Not convinced I'd be happy with a Panasonic after all the moaning on here, and John Lewis don't seem to sell the 51F8500 anymore.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If I had to buy one I'd be looking at the Samsung 55" 7500 4k tv as my starting point.

i wouldn't want to buy another tv for a while so it would be a 4k tv

i wouldn't buy panasonic for obvious reasons

i wouldn't buy sony because of the wedge design and speakers

lg generally are even worse for input lag than the rest

phillips are generally expensive

i think that covers the main manufactures :)

NATTY290

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I would buy Samsung 65" 4K nn curved
grin.gif

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Apart from being totally biased as I have no money and hence not even thinking - let alone looking - for a new TV, the simple answer is none.

Have my two year old and a bit Panasonic 42GT30 and it still makes me go....WOW!!! :)

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
It was a toss up between the Panasonic and Samsung TV ranges in the 55" size. I ignored the smart TV stuff to start with, looked around for the cheapest prices and then went auditioning. In store I took the liberty of seriously sorting out the picture settings so that I could compare the TVs, and took along a DVD and Blue Ray for them to play. I could then view well enough to compare and make a decision.

I eventually purchased from a Panasonic store as their price was competitive with the major chains, and Panasonic were doing a deal that an IPad and 6year guarantee were included. The dealer was also doing a 10% voucher money off next purchase promo, so that allowed me to get my home cinema sorted, and new vacuum for almost nothing. May I suggest that you keep an eye on the Panasonic promotions page, I note that they are giving £300 cash back on certain TVs at the moment.

If you value the smart TV functions more than I do, then Samsung may be the better bet, but on picture alone the Panasonic was better IMO at the time.

Good Hunting.

Ming the Merciless

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a 50" (or there abouts) TV for around the £800 price point to be used for TV, films and occasional console gaming. I'd like 3D capability for that price but I'm not sure where to start with the new products coming in at that price versus last years products being reduced down to my price point.

I have a home cinema set up so I'm not interested in sound from the TV.

Any advice or suggestions?

D

Deleted member 2457

Ming the Merciless said:
I'm looking for a 50" (or there abouts) TV for around the £800 price point to be used for TV, films and occasional console gaming. I'd like 3D capability for that price but I'm not sure where to start with the new products coming in at that price versus last years products being reduced down to my price point.

Yep, starting a new thread would be a good idea, and I think the Sony 50 829 is a good TV. You can also get a sound bar with it or a Blu-Ray player.

Ming the Merciless

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Ming the Merciless said:

Yep, starting a new thread would be a good idea, and I think the Sony 50 829 is a good TV. You can also get a sound bar with it or a Blu-Ray player.

Thanks Gel, I'll take a look and then start a thread when someone answers my email about why I can't currently start a new thread in the forum.

TRENDING THREADS