Which TT for Rock and Metal?

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'am gong back to LP and now i'am looking for a nice TT for Rock and Metal. A dealer who sells Project and Rega means better Project for my music. Rega very good for Jazz, but for my music Project. But then which Project? Is the Award winner Essential II good enough? Maybe good to start with it? I read that later this year comes the new Technics. What do you think about a restoration Thorens TD 160 (not mk II) for 575 Euro?

loneranger said:
I'am gong back to LP and now i'am looking for a nice TT for Rock and Metal. A dealer who sells Project and Rega means better Project for my music. Rega very good for Jazz, but for my music Project. But then which Project? Is the Award winner Essential II good enough? Maybe good to start with it? I read that later this year comes the new Technics. What do you think about a restoration Thorens TD 160 (not mk II) for 575 Euro?

Ignore your dealer, he's talking boll*cks. Turntables themselves are not music specific, some cartridges might just suit a specific genre but even I doubt that.

Buy the best you can afford, ....... and change your dealer. :)

And be one of the first to buy a new technics direct drive TT.

I for one would be envious.

btw. I'm a big metal fan, I use a Marantz, which is fantastic. My mate has a gyro se, and there's not much in em.

Whatever you chose, make sure it's something you can live with. And look at and enjoy.

Al ears said:
loneranger said:

Ignore your dealer, he's talking boll*cks. Turntables themselves are not music specific, some cartridges might just suit a specific genre but even I doubt that.

Buy the best you can afford, ....... and change your dealer. :)

Agreed.

Dealers can introduce scare tactics to ensure a purchase.

I personally think that no component or company actually tailor their gear towards a certain genre, IMO it is a combination of makes where you can gerimander the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts